Add to Cart
Gaia Selene - Saving the Earth by Colonizing the Moon
There are two and a half ways to save the earth and two of them are on the moon.
Earth Scientists, space scientists, futurists and visionaries elucidate the challenges facing us as a species and threatening our home planet.
Emmy Award Winning Producer/Director Charles Proser presents a new documentary on the exciting New Frontier and the future of "Homo Spaciens".
This new work, for the first time, expresses clear solutions to the crises facing us.
How will we feed, house and employ ten billion humans by the year 2050?
What happens when the oil runs out?
The threats of nuclear fission.
Our effect on the environment, the health of the planet and our fellow creatures.
By 2050 we will need three times as much power and it will have to be three times as clean. There is no earthly technology capable of coming on line by the year 2050 that can solve our energy problem.
But don't worry.
We've developed Space Techology.... a way to turn a cosmic threat into an asset. When we learn what we need to, to colonize the moon, we will be able to use that knowledge to protect our home planet.
Space Solar Power is clean, renewable, and could replace polluting fossil fuel plants.
Lunar Solar collectors built of lunar material will microwave power to earth.
Power from Moondust. Four tons of 3Helium could power the U.S. for a year in Fusion Reactors and would be worth 8 Billion Dollars.
How we will live and work on the moon.
What it will be like to fly in lunar gravity.
Why we will live in lavatubes under the surface.
Why the Moon is a stepping stone to the Solar System, to nearby Stars, to the Future.
* Dr. Alan Binder - Principal Investigator - Lunar Prospector
* Dr. Martin Hoffert - New York University
* Daniel Lashof - Natural Resources Defense Council
* Dr. David Lockbaum - Union of Concerned Scientists
* Dr. Gerald Kulcinski - Nuclear Fusion Laboratory, University of Wisconsin *
* Dr. David Criswell - Lunar and Planetary Institute; University of Houston
* Dr. Bradley Edwards - Institute for Scientific Research / Carbon Graphics
* John C. Hemry, Author
* Dr. David Schrunk - "The Moon, its Resources, Colonization"
* Dr. Paul Spudis, Johns Hopkins University,The Presidential Commission on Space
* Mark Solter, Astrominer
* Peter Kokh, The Moon Society
* Dr. John Lewis - "Mining the Sky...University of Arizona
* Dr. Patrick Collins - SpaceFuture.com; Tokyo University
This is a very well produced, very well thought out documentary about space exploration and the future - and more specifically, how moon exploration and colonization may be the best solution for solving many of Earth's problems regarding the energy crisis, global warming and others. The ideas and concepts are very thought provoking and extremely interesting. This would be a great DVD to show to middle and high school students to ignite their interest in science and the potential of outer space. In addition, the political angle to space exploration is also examined as the moviemakers explain how Vietnam short-circuited America's move into space during the late 1960's and how the current Middle east wars and conflicts are sapping money and interest from space today. You can get more information at http://www.gaiaselene.com (MS) InternetVideo.com
Freedom Cinema Festival, Park City, Utah
Streaming video trailer