Add to Cart
No Start - 1 (Automotive Sensor Testing & Oscilloscope Waveform Analysis)
NO-START 1 Series
DVD/Manual-SEN-EN) (Sensor Testing & Oscilloscope Waveform Interpretation)
Our first NO-START Series product, Sensors Testing & Oscilloscope Waveform Interpretation (DVD/Video) covers a wide array of automotive sensor testing, from MAF, MAP, TPS, AFR, O2, Speed Sensors, CAM & CRK, APP, etc. This DVD will teach the practical aspects of sensor testing in Real-Life situations. All component concepts are explained using the latest in CG graphics, as well as hands-on video. Great for both student and technician alike. Also includes O2 heater tests & minimum air rate adjustments. An entire hour has been devoted to reading and analyzing oscilloscope waveforms. Covers ALL aspects of waveform interpretation. Totally updated for the 2011 edition. (video is 2:39 hour long)
Here are the DVD's best points:
* Engine Coolant Temperature testing (ECT) from an in-depth diagnostics perspective.
* If you replace the ECT and the code is still there, What do you do then?
* Details of the ECM to ECT circuitry, including REFERENCE Voltage and how to test it.
* Intake or air charge sensor (IAT) coverage, as well as electrically diagnosing it.
* Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) electrical fault detection.
* How to test the reference voltage, ECM sensor ground and signal terminals, in extreme detail.
* CG Graphix and HANDS-ON test procedure on all sensor testing available on the DVD.
* How to detect TPS glitches, ground and blind spots on TPS sensors.
* How to repair an engine that's stalling during a LOADED condition (A/C on, Power Steering Pump, at a stop light, etc).
* Learn to perform the very important "Minimum Air Rate Adjustment" to prevent engine stalls. This involves the throttle screw and the TPS.
* Correct all IAC or Idle Air Controller Valve problems, using the scanner (any scanner) and determine successful operation.
* How to use the right equipment to perform idle adjustments.
* Learn to read the scanner's PIDs when adjusting air rate and TPS.
* Complete oscilloscope waveform analysis section or how to read the oscilloscope's screen (About an hour's worth of detailed in-class instructions).
* Learn to measure FREQUENCY, TIME, AMPLITUDE, VOLTAGE and CURRENT.
* What is the signal recognition threshold so that it gets recognized by the ECM.
* Learn to tell the different characteristics of a SINE and a SQUARE WAVE.
* How to use and interpret the sensor/signal simulator tool.
* Learn to measure Peak and Peak to Peak voltages.
* AC and DC signal measurements.
* How to set the trigger levels on the oscilloscope, including Edge triggering.
* Vane, and Hot Wire Mass Air Flow sensor testing (MAF).
* Test the reference, power feed, ECM ground and Hot-Wire grounds of the MAF sensor.
* How to use the scanner to test the MAF and identify problems using the Barometric reading.
* Points on how to read a wiring diagram to diagnose MAF sensor problems.
* All MAF sensor tests are exposed using a hands-on approach.
* Test ground noise and high ground resistances using the GMM and VOM.
* Complete MAP sensor testing.
* How to test all reference voltages, ground and signal circuits.
* The Do's and Don'ts of MAP sensor diagnostics, including the right vacuum in inches-of-Mercury for a normally running engine.
* HOW to READ a MAP sensor waveform on the Graphing Multi Meter or Scope in a step-by-step sequence, as seen on the equipment screen.
* How to use the scanner to detect MAP sensor, vacuum leaks, Air-Fuel Ratio or Mixture problems and engine mechanical problems.
* O2 sensor heater test, as seen on most OBD-2 compliant vehicles.
* How the ECM reacts to an O2 sensor HEATER fault and what to do to test it.
* O2 HEATER electrical circuit diagnostics.
* O2 HEATER wire identification and how to use the test-equipment. * Learn to test the O2 sensor SIGNAL circuit in detail.
* How to test the two main O2 sensor characteristics, which are FREQUENCY and AMPLITUDE. How to tell a GOOD from a BAD O2 sensor.