Add to Cart
OBD-2 Automotive Repair Strategies
OBD-2 Repair Strategies (DVD/Video) is a must have DVD which covers all related automotive diagnostics for US sold vehicles from 1996 to the present. OBD-2 or On-Board-Diagnostics second generation pre-programmed into all modern vehicle's ECM or engine computers. This is the system used to diagnose your faulty issue and the system that turns ON the CEL or check-engine-light. See how it all works and how to diagnose your vehicle. Meant for DIY, hobby mechanics and professional technicians alike, enjoy...
* Cover all the particulars of OBD-2 up to now. Complete updated.
* OBD-2 DLC (data link connector) diagnostics. How to use the DLC to test many electrical values and components, such as the alternator, starter, main power feed, chassis and sensor ground and communication.
* Extensive coverage of vehicle network diagnostic, repair, electrical measurements and how each type of vehicle network works.
* Get in touch with all the 9 modes of operation of the OBD-2 System. This in depth knowledge will be a great asset when diagnosing a vehicle.
* OBD-2 monitors and how to relate the monitors to the type of repair you are doing. What you need to know so far as using and analyzing monitors.
* The code structure and usage of OBD-2. Basic and deep information on using OBD-2 codes during diagnostics.
* KAM (keep alive memory) diagnostic factors. Understanding the KAM memory is paramount in today's diagnostic world. How and why.
* EVAP codes and the EVAP diagnostic system. Hands on procedure on EVAP diagnostics. Like no other product.
* Generic PIDs and how to use the scanner data-stream to diagnose your problem. In depth coverage of the most used PIDs.
* Various repair case studies to bring out and coax your analytical mind into putting all this knowledge to work.
* Overview of all the various PIDs. The OBD-2 system has over 76 parameters as of 2008. Use them all.
* Using the scan tool graphing of the PIDs to diagnose specific problems. In depth coverage of these specific routine, which covers tips and procedures.
* Simply the most comprehensive OBD-2 VIDEO DVD, which is also complimented by its own manual (sold separately).