Add to Cart
Continue Shopping - Search Other Titles from Vayahiy Press
About the author:
Serving the Lord in remote bush Alaska, Jon Cardwell and his family witnessed daily the power of prayer in very profound ways through intimate communion with God. Through trials, tribulations, hardships, heartaches, and finally with neuromuscular symptoms arising to make remote "bush" life in Alaska a bit more difficult, the Cardwell's trusted implicitly in their sovereign Lord. In this book, Jon plainly teaches what the Lord taught concerning prayer in a simple, straightforward manner because the secret to a rich prayer life is that it's no secret at all. Christ paid it all to give us access to His heavenly Father and His instruction is right there in the pages of holy Scripture.
Having left bush Alaska in January 2008 due to the "ALS-like" symptoms, Jon has been serving as pastor of Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Anniston, Alabama since January 2009.
Lord, Teach Us to Pray
a devotional study of Christ's model prayer for His disciples
Jon J. Cardwell
IF YOU'RE SERIOUS ABOUT PRAYER AND COMMUNING WITH GOD, YOU'LL WANT THIS BOOK!
"And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples." ~Luke 11:1
How Can the Christian Pray Powerfully and Effectively?
When Christ's disciples finally ask Him how to pray...
He gives them the same model of prayer that they heard in the Sermon on the Mount and in every town and village where the Lord preached. This model prayer, commonly called the Lord's prayer, should actually be called the disciples' prayer.
his is how Jesus said that we should pray; not by reciting this prayer in vain repetition, but by communing and communicating with God according to the heavenly truths the Lord Jesus reveals in Scripture.
LORD, TEACH US TO PRAY is not an exhaustive treatise on prayer, but it does present a solid foundation for any Christian desiring a more powerful and effective prayer life.
SOME OF WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER IN THIS BOOK:
DO NOT BE ANXIOUS
- Expresses the sin of worry and anxiety through the scripture, and the cure for that anxiety is prayer, trusting in a sovereign God.
TEACH US TO PRAY
- The request of the disciples and the Lord's response.
OUR HEAVENLY FATHER
- Understanding to Whom we pray and with whom we have a relationship.
GOD'S HOLY NAME
- Approaching a holy God with reverent fear and trembling.
GOD'S HEAVENLY KINGDOM
- Learning submission and surrender to the advancement of God's kingdom upon earth through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
GOD'S HEAVENLY WILL
- Learning submission and surrender to God's plans and purposes according to His holy will and good pleasure.
AND MUCH, MUCH MORE...
- Containing 17 chapters in all and covering the Lord's teaching on prayer from Luke 11.
If you desire to secure POWER from high through a more blessed prayer life, then LORD, TEACH US TO PRAY is for YOU!
GET YOUR COPY TODAY!
- Publication Date:
- 1449537111 / 9781449537111
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 5.5" x 8.5"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Religion / Christian Life / Prayer