Add to Cart
About the author:
Maureen A. Taylor is an internationally
recognized expert on the intersection
of history, genealogy, and photography.
She studies photographic clues to tell
the stories present in her clients' family
pictures and albums.
Maureen has been featured in top
media outlets, including The View,
Martha Stewart Living, and The
Today Show. Maureen is the author
of a number of books and magazine
articles, as well as a contributing editor
at Family Tree Magazine.
Preserving Your Family Photographs
Maureen A Taylor
Maureen A. Taylor, author of Uncovering
Your Ancestry Through Family Photographs,
provides all the information you need to care
for your family photograph collection.
She outlines in straightforward steps how to
add value to your home collection by using the
methods that conservators and photo curators
use every day!
You'll learn how to:
* Identify the types of damage already done
to the photos in your collection.
* Take care of all your photos going forward,
so that damage is a thing of the past.
* Preserve your digital images - for you and
* Select a conservator to repair damaged photos
and protect them from more deterioration.
* Select a restoration expert to restore damaged
photos using airbrushing, digital manipulation,
or photographic enhancements.
* Create a stunning scrapbook that will endure,
using archival quality guidelines.
* Properly handle cased images such as
daguerreotypes, ambrotypes and tintypes.
* Explore techniques to share your images.
* Take advantage of low-cost alternatives to traditional photo preservation techniques.
- Publication Date:
- Feb 12 2010
- 0578048000 / 9780578048000
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 8" x 10"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Photography / Collections, Catalogs, Exhibitions / General