Add to Cart
Continue shopping with eXcessica
About the author:
D. B. Story is a writer living in the southwestern United States. While that territory can cover anywhere from New Mexico to Hawaii he declines to be more specific at this time. His use of the time-honored artifice of writing under a pseudonym comes from the necessity to still maintain a day job and the habit of employers to Google new applicants to discover what stupid things said applicant is willing to foolishly do, and then doubly foolishly post for the world to see afterwards. Such invasions of one's personal life become an unnecessary distraction. D. B. Story has long had interests in both Science Fiction (since first discovering his mother's secret cache of Ace Doublebooks stashed under her bed) and writing. In fact, anything he has enjoyed participating in he eventually has a desire to create as well. He seriously began writing (although not selling) stories ten years ago due to a dissatisfaction with what he was reading at the time and the belief that he could do it better. He started out with the interaction between humans and the sexy robots they would inevitably create and later branched out to other erotic Fantasy and SF genres. During that time he has written everything from flash fiction to a 402,000 word novel and a screenplay based on his other writings, as yet unsold. Whether his writing is actually "better" he admits he must leave to his readers to decide, but he likes his stuff a lot. He has often said that, "Writing time is always good time." He also says that with the advent of cheap computers, word processors, eBooks, and the Internet that times have never been better for a diversity of writers to be heard.
The Fembot Chronicles
D. B. Story
For adults, in this collection of 5 new stories we continue to explore the future world of robots-fembots in particular- from the author's own unique perspective. The stories show the resulting relationships with the robots that we are certain to build when we can. The results are always romantic and sexy. Contained in this volume are:
* Barbara's Journey tells of Fembot Barbara who finds out that beauty alone provides no job security for a fembot. And when that fails her, she'll have to figure out for herself how to make a real relationship work in her favor if she doesn't want to spend the rest of her existence relegated to the role of menial servant.
* Strip Club Tales: Diary of a Club. From the Strip Club World of Olivia, Kassie, and Beth, comes another story, this one an autobiographical tale about the unique hurdles a fembot working in the adult entertainment world of strip clubs faces, along with an explanation of why so many of them turn out to favor lesbians.
* Jungle Bunny tells of a fembot facing ugly prejudice due simply to the color of her skin, and the lucky beneficiary of that foolishness by others.
* Sylvia's Secret Some fembots have to live their lives in secret as they work to evolve their minds into true self-will. Especially when they have some extra features, which their current owners are unaware of and wouldn't know what to do with even if they did know. Of course, some secrets are rather bigger than others
* "The Boxer" details the life of a robot designed and built to be battered to destruction in the boxing ring for the pride and entertainment of her human owners, and the person who sees something more worthwhile in her than that.
- Publication Date:
- 1452806713 / 9781452806716
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 5.25" x 8"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Fiction / Erotica / General