Add to Cart
About the author:
Cary Jensen is Chief Technology Officer of Jensen Data Systems, Inc. In addition to his consulting and development duties, he is an award-winning, best-selling author of over 20 books, including Advantage Database Server: The Official Guide (The McGraw-Hill Companies), Building Kylix Applications (Osborne/McGraw-Hill), Oracle JDeveloper (Oracle Press), JBuilder Essentials (Osborne/McGraw-Hill), Delphi In Depth (Osborne/McGraw-Hill), and Programming Paradox 5 for Windows (Sybex). A frequent speaker at conferences, workshops, and seminars throughout much of the world, he is widely regarded for his self-effacing humor and practical approaches to complex issues. Cary is an author and speaker for the 2001-2010 Delphi Developer Days Seminar tours in the US and Europe, the 2003-2006 Advantage Developer Days tours, 2000-2001 Delphi Development Seminars, the 1999-2000 Borland Developer Days, and the 1995-1999 Delphi World Tours. Cary has a Ph.D. from Rice University in Human Factors Psychology, specializing in human-computer interaction.
Loy Anderson is President of Jensen Data Systems, Inc., a Texas-based consulting and training company. She is an award-winning, best-selling co-author of over 20 books with Cary Jensen; and has served as coordinating editor on several books. Loy is a technical writer and help system designer, and also manages the Developer Days seminars, which won the 2002 and 2003 Delphi Informant's Readers Choice Awards for Best Training. Her company's latest seminars include Delphi development and Advantage Database Server training. Loy has a Ph.D. from Rice University in Human Factors Psychology, specializing in human-computer interaction.
Advantage Database Server: A Developer's Guide, 2nd Edition
Cary Jensen Ph.D., Loy Anderson Ph.D.
This comprehensive developer's guide shows you how to use Advantage Database Server 10.0, the high-performance, low maintenance server that deploys on Windows, Linux, and Netware. Technically reviewed by the Advantage Database Server R&D team, this valuable resource will help you design and deploy reliable, scalable, low-maintenance, relational database applications.
* Learn how to configure secure, feature-rich data dictionaries
* Create advanced database features, including stored procedures, views, triggers, notifications, and user defined functions
* Preserve your data using replication and online backup
* Leverage Advantage structured query language (SQL)
* Get the speed and reliability of a transaction-based remote database server without the complexity
* Exploit Advantage's native drivers to build client applications using your development language of choice, including C#, Delphi, Java, Visual FoxPro, Visual Basic, PHP, and more
Online: Source code, sample database, additional chapters, and Advantage 2-User Developer Edition. Visit http://www.JensenDataSystems.com/ADSBook10 for more information.
- Publication Date:
- 1453769978 / 9781453769973
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 7.44" x 9.69"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Computers / Database Management / General