Add to Cart
About the author:
Lisa and Jeff Abler are citizens and parents who have taken an interest in the nature and origin of the freedom we have enjoyed in the United States, and what must be done to ensure that this liberty will be experienced by their children. This they pursue and promote in their spare time after they have attended to their primary duties of providing for, raising, and teaching their children.
Vacation Liberty School - Faith, Hope, and Charity
Curriculum and Planning Guide
Just as it is the citizens of the United States of America who bear the ultimate responsibility to ensure that liberty persists in this great nation, it is also the citizens who bear the responsibility to teach the rising generation the principles from which that liberty flows. Only through such ongoing efforts can freedom be perpetually maintained over the centuries to come. This guide, Vacation Liberty School – Faith, Hope, and Charity, provides a detailed curriculum and planning tools that empower any passionate and motivated group of citizens to pass the torch of liberty to the children in their community.
Through their own experience and discovery during various activities, the program implants into young Americans (ages 10-15) the principles of liberty as discovered and implemented by the founders of their country. While doing so, some of the main points of emphasis include:
- With freedom comes responsibility. Blending freedom and responsibility requires virtuous, moral, and educated citizens. This is why the principles of liberty are taught from the perspective of faith, hope, and charity.
- Principles are promoted rather than specific men or political parties, since the latter can be corrupted and provide disappointment, whereas fundamental principles are timeless and incorruptible.
- Seek the truth by going to original sources. The program goes to the founders' own words to understand the intent of their actions and the structure they laid for this nation.
- The founders' faith in God was fundamental to the founding of our country and the system they provided.
- The ultimate responsibility for maintaining liberty lies with the people. It may be convenient to point blame at our elected officials for infringements that may creep in upon our liberties, but we must recognize that it is up to us (the citizens) to be the guardians of our liberty and assure that those we elect do not reach beyond the binds that the Constitution places on our government.
From initial planning through final execution, this book provides details, structure, activities, references, and commentary that will lead you to provide a fun and unique adventure for the youth in your community while instilling in them the timeless principles that have produced the exceptional American experience.
- Publication Date:
- 1456420127 / 9781456420123
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 8" x 10"
- Black and White with Bleed
- Related Categories:
- History / United States / General