Add to Cart
Continue shopping for Books and DVD's on shooting-performance.com
About the author:
Currently Mike Seeklander is owner of Shooting-Performance LLC and one of the co-hosts on The Best Defense, the Outdoor channels leading self-defense and firearm instruction show. Mike has an extensive training background that includes:
* Chief Operating Officer, Director of Training, and a Senior Instructor at the U.S. Shooting Academy in Tulsa, OK.
* As an employee of the federal government, Branch Chief and Lead Instructor for the firearms division with the Federal Air Marshal Service.
* Senior Instructor at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (F.L.E.T.C.), the premier federal training facility in the U.S.
* Police Officer in Knoxville Tennessee
* U.S. Marine
Additionally, Mike has been competing at the top levels on the practical handgun and 3-gun circuit for over 15 years, winning numerous state, area, and national titles. Mike adds to this experience with more than 20 years of experience in various martial arts, holding multiple ranks including a Black Belt in Okinawan Freestyle Karate.
Your Defensive Handgun Training Program
A functional training program for defensive handgun purposes
Michael R Seeklander
YOUR DEFENSIVE HANDGUN TRAINING PROGRAM (BOOK)
Another great performance enhancing product from Shooting-Performance (www.shooting-performance.com), Your Defensive Handgun Training Program is a cutting edged functional training program designed to develop the skills needed to survive a high stress encounter while using the most commonly carried weapon system in the U.S., the handgun. If you are armed and carry a handgun daily (CCW holders, Law Enforcement Officers, etc.), get the tools to prepare yourself for the fight of their life. This book is your answer!
While there are numerous "tactical" handgun books out there, some with good material, most do not address the "how to train" question. This book is different, and includes a full training program including training trills and a schedule to follow. The techniques in this book can be applied to any type of handgun, so no matter what you carry, this program is for you!
Training drills or technique alone do not address the complex needs of someone during a high stress encounter where lethal force might be needed, and this book contains an entire program dedicated to all aspects of training for a fight.
THIS STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE INCLUDES:
* Carry Gun Selection and Modification
* Legal Considerations (written by Marty Hayes)
* Mental Preparation
* Physical Preparation
* Firearm Skills Development
* Alternate Methods of Training
* The Training Design Cycle
* High Performance Handgun Marksmanship and Manipulation Techniques
* Close Quarters Techniques
* Low Light Techniques
* And much more!
For the total immersion experience please strongly consider buying the DVD set or Vimeo Download (https://vimeo.com/ondemand/defensivehandgun) that was designed to be used in this program!
- Publication Date:
- 1456542516 / 9781456542511
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 8" x 10"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Sports & Recreation / Shooting