Add to Cart
About the author:
Dr. Larry Chiagouris is a full-time faculty member of Pace University and is a marketing expert that has helped hundreds of students obtain their first job right out of school. He received a B.S. in Economics, Magna cum Laude and an A.P.C. in Marketing from New York University. He holds an M.Phil in Business, an M.B.A. in Industrial Psychology, and a Ph.D. in Marketing and Consumer Behavior from the City University of New York.
As a professor of marketing he has taught at both the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral level for more than 20 years.
His constant finger on the pulse of what challenges university students and graduates face in the job market along with his 30 plus years working in a variety of industries is what makes Dr. Chiagouris a valuable resource for those that want to land their first job. He knows what hiring managers are looking for in a candidate because he has participated in the hiring of hundreds of entry level employees in addition to senior managers and executives. It is through his experience of working with tech gurus at Bell Labs and Silicon Valley, the Madison Avenue ad men, and the spin-doctor public relations professionals in New York City and California that he learned which candidates succeed in landing a job.
He has served as a member of the Board of Directors of the American Marketing Association and as Chairman of the Advertising Research Foundation.
He is also a member of the Marketing Executives Networking Group, the American Association of Public Opinion Research, and the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
Now on Twitter...please follow me
The Secret to Getting a Job after College
Marketing Tactics to Turn Degrees into Dollars
Dr. Larry Chiagouris
Miao Jun Kuang
The perfect gift for all college students.
The Secret to Getting a Job after College: Marketing Tactics to Turn Degrees
into Dollars is an easy to follow guide for all majors to help you launch
your career in any job market. In just four chapters, you will learn tips and
tactics to attract the attention of an employer and win the competition with
other candidates to get the job you want.
Bonus Feature: Exclusive Online Content:
- Gain access to exclusive content to a
- Includes references to many job search
- Resume examples for a variety of majors
- Links to useful websites
Chapter 1: Finding Your Job: Identifying Your Best Opportunities
Chapter 2: Getting the Interview: Creating Your Marketing Plan
- Summary of easy to find sources of
information to focus your job search
- Destroy the myth of what kind of job a
college graduate should seek
- Where to uncover the jobs most students fail
to ever find
- Create your personal brand
Chapter 3: Acing the Interview: Building a Relationship and Selling Yourself
- Learn to create a cover letter that
generates a call from an employer
- See what makes a great resume that cannot be
- Find out how to get on top of an employer's
lists of candidates
- How to leverage the Internet faster and more
Chapter 4: Getting the Offer: Closing the Sale
- Learn to prepare for any interview situation
- Find out what market research you need to do
before the interview
- Learn the tricky questions that interviewers
toss at you
- Know which answers work and which answers
- How to be sure your references will support
you when the employer calls
- Gain the knowledge to get an offer from an
employer you will want to accept
- Obtain tips on how to be well positioned for
your next job after you start your first job
- Publication Date:
- 0982765428 / 9780982765425
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Business & Economics / Careers / Job Hunting