Add to Cart
About the author:
Lori Dake is, first and foremost, a dedicated wife, mother and proud Chicago native. She runs an independent record label with her husband and is a classically trained musician and artist. Perhaps in stark contrast to her spiritual beliefs and love of nature, her unconventional interests include extreme heavy metal, sophomoric humor, campy horror films and people watching. Politically, Mrs. Dake is socially liberal to moderate yet fiscally conservative. She reads at least three newspapers each day, and she admires the everyday common folk over polished professionals.
Mrs. Dake founded the Chicago Pagan Parents with other parents within the local community and has hosted several youth-centric events. Currently, her primary focus has been assisting their only child. He is a high-marking homeschool graduate and will be reenlisting with the U.S. Army later this year.
A Guide to Pagan Camping
Festival Tips, Tricks and Trappings
Composed over nearly a decade, A Guide to Pagan Camping is finally available - just what the Community's been waiting for! This book travels beyond the basics in order to encourage more Magical folk to bid adieu to their mundane lives and dance beneath the stars.
Written by a true camping pro, A Guide to Pagan Camping makes primitive camping and temporary community building appear incredibly easy and intensely fun. This isn't your daddy's boring and nit-picky camping book!
Features in A Guide to Pagan Camping include:
- Deciding which festivals best suit your needs and match your budget.
- Choosing what gear to bring and why, all while keeping it simple, comfortable
- Locating the optimal campsite and transforming it into a true Covenstead.
- Presenting a Pagan workshop, performing a musical act, which workshifts to
choose and how (and what) to vend.
- Owning your spirituality and personal ethics while respecting those of others.
- Handling complex personalities and egos with grace, tact and professionalism.
- Simple, healthy, easy to follow and incredibly delicious outdoor recipes.
Lori Dake is a lifelong camping and music enthusiast who loves to combine the two whenever possible. She has traveled to almost every edge of North America the old-fashioned way, and she is always up for pitching a tent and living simply among like-minded, spiritual individuals.
- Publication Date:
- 0615456278 / 9780615456270
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Body, Mind & Spirit / Witchcraft & Wicca