Add to Cart
Other Titles From RoswellBooks.com
Towns That Celebrate UFOs, Lake Monsters, Bigfoot, and Other Weirdness
The year was 1997 and some 40,000 tourists and reporters descended upon the desert town of Roswell, New Mexico, where 50 years earlier a flying saucer is said to have crashed. Even today, UFOs and "Little Green Men" remain Roswell's top tourist draw. Roswell is by no means the only town to use strange events and bizarre creatures to draw tourism dollars. Nor was it the first.
This book takes you to towns all over the U.S. that celebrate weirdness - like Churubusco, Indiana, where a giant turtle transformed the town into "Turtletown, USA." There is also Point Pleasant, West Virginia, where a moth-like humanoid has inspired an Annual Mothman Festival and a year-round Mothman Museum. Take a dip in the White River Monster Reservoir in Jacksonport, Arkansas, and visit an alien's grave in Aurora, Texas. Cruise along the E.T. Highway near Rachel, Nevada, and have your picture taken with Bigfoot in Fouke, Arkansas. In this book, you can also explore some of Roswell's
other mysteries, such as:
* The "alien ghost" that haunts the New Mexico Rehabilitation Center.
* The "Second" Roswell UFO Crash of 1949.
* Bottomless Lakes where cars sink into the depths and monsters emerge to the surface
* The Headless Horsewoman of Lover's Lane, a Victorian Era Spook with an axe to grind against young lovers.
* Plus more mysteries of Roswell!
- Publication Date:
- 0981759750 / 9780981759753
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Body, Mind & Spirit / UFOs & Extraterrestrials