Add to Cart
About the author:
Mandy Concepcion has worked in the automotive field for over 21 years. He holds a Degree in Applied Electronics Engineering as well as an ASE Master & L1 certification. For the past 16 years he has been exclusively involved in the diagnosis of all the different electronic systems found in today's vehicles. It is here where he draws extensive practical knowledge from his experience and hopes to convey it in his books. Mandy also designs and builds his own diagnostic equipment, DVD-Videos and repair software.
Diagnostic Strategies of Modern Automotive Systems
(Actuator, Injector, Coil & Emission EVAP Testing)
This section gives an in depth look at the many actuators and solenoids that make up a modern automotive system. In this book, we'll explore the different actuators' theory of operation, as well as practical testing procedures that will make diagnosing them a lot easier. Additionally, the operation of the basic emission components is also covered. Be patient and take your time in absorbing the information. Hopefully this will make for a great bedside reading. Enjoy and broaden your mind.
This work has been a labor of love. It is meant to compliment and broaden the working knowledge of the modern automotive technician. No theoretical information is given, except under certain explanatory circumstances and sections.
But most of all, this book was done for you, "The Lone Automotive Mechanic or Technician". The guy (or girl in some cases) who works all day long and studies at night to further his/her career in spite of the stress of the day, the guy who's not appreciated for what he does because to the rest of the world he's the dirty mechanic that doesn't know better, the guy who spends thousands of dollars in tools and equipment but that nobody has any idea that he did, and the guy who in spite of all the drawbacks of our profession is happy at what he does and keeps America rolling. This work was done for you. I hope you enjoy and learn from it. Remember, no matter what happens, keep building your knowledge and it'll pay-off in the end.
Edition 4.0 Section 2- Actuators and EVAP Testing, Copyright 2004, 2011, All rights reserved.
Table of Contents
* Leak detection pump - (LDP Operation, LDP solenoid, reed switch and related vacuum hoses, analysis of the LDP, conditions that affect the LDP, EVAP system leak, ELECTRICAL TESTS, scanner test, solenoid tests, reed tests, MECHANICAL TESTS)
* Fuel injector troubleshooting strategy - (Fuel Injector Operation, correct fuel flow and spray pattern, ground controlled, Injector drivers, saturation and the peak-and-hold type driver, ground or positive controlled, injector cut-off routine, injector waveform analysis, high impedance injector, low impedance injectors, conditions that affect injectors, injector testing, current waveform capture, injector ground test, clogged injector tests)
* GM (CS series) alternator repair strategy - (CS alternators operation, different types of alternators, principle of induction, series of diodes, Terminals L, P, F and S, conditions that affect operation, charge
output wire tests, alternator testing, L-terminal test, ground test, positive test, using the test light and volt-meter)
* Idle Air Control (IAC) Troubleshooting - (IAC operation, IAC stepper motor, pre-programmed desired idle speed, IAC scanner count, duty cycle controlled, regular DC motor IAC, NOSE SWITCH or THROTTLE SWITCH, coolant temperature activated IAC, coolant temperature activated type, IAC testing, using the scan tool and IAC actuator to test, PID tests)
* EGR System Troubleshooting Strategy - (EGR theory of operation, coolant temperature activated type, exhaust backpressure sensing, EGR temperature sensing, EGR valve lift position sensing, and MAP/O2 sensor feedback sensing, Ford DPFE sensor, Ref. High and Ref. Low Signal, direct method of EGR monitoring, EGR testing, scanner, multi-meter and vacuum testing, EGR boost sensor, electrical wiring/connector/ECM tests)
* EVAP System Diagnostics - (EVAP theory of operation, charcoal canister, supporting fuel vapor hoses, and EVAP purge valve, integration with the ECM, FUEL TRIMS, needed to detect a 0.040" fuel leak, solenoid, LDP type and Reed EVAP sensor, LDP EVAP diagnostics system, LDP diaphragm pump, solenoid based EVAP, closing the vent solenoid, EVAP vacuum switch, condition that affect EVAP operation, cracked vapor hoses, defective fuel tank cap, faulty seals and sensors, broken fuel tank, leaky purge valve, EVAP smoke machine, EVAP Nitrogen test)
- Publication Date:
- 1463552483 / 9781463552480
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 8.5" x 11"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Transportation / Automotive / Repair & Maintenance