Add to Cart
About the author:
In 1986, Alexandra Swann graduated at fifteen years of age with a bachelor's degree in liberal arts from Brigham Young University and a GPA of 3.85. The following year, when she was sixteen, she received a Master's Degree in History from California State University. After graduation, she taught history and English as a second language for four years at El Paso Community College.
In 1998, Alexandra and her family started Frontier 2000 Mortgage and Loan, Inc. an El Paso, Texas-based mortgage company which, for the next fifteen years, provided residential and commercial financing to companies and individuals in West Texas and Southern New Mexico. In 2014 she moved to Dallas where she works in financial services, serves on various industry and civic boards and committees, and manages Frontier 2000 Media.
In 2010, Alexandra and her mother incorporated Frontier 2000 Media Group to produce clean, wholesome, inspirational entertainment for families. Her novel, "The Planner", a cautionary tale of Agenda 21 in America, was released in June of 2012. She is also co-author of five novels including, "The Fourth Kingdom", which was selected as one of four finalists in the Christianity Today 2011 Christian Book Awards in the fiction category, and her newest project, Kinsman, which debuted in the fall of 2016 with Book One of the series, "The Invitation". Her blog Paying for Protection, which details the ways in which big government and excessive regulation threaten American freedom and prosperity, can be read at:
Writing for Today
This life-long reference guide for seventh grade through adult is the last writing course you may ever need to buy!
* Writing exercises are interspersed with grammar, punctuation, and word usage exercises to reinforce concepts.
* Mark Twain, Herman Melville, Stephen Crane, Joseph Conrad, Charles Dickens and others provide examples of the styles and methodology discussed.
* A special section is included on writing in the digital age including emails, blogs, and social media.
* Frequent exercises and unit tests allow the student to measure his progress.
- Publication Date:
- 1466236221 / 9781466236226
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 7.5" x 9.25"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Education / Curricula