Add to Cart
About the author:
Gary Giamboi is a published author, martial artist, Qigong practitioner, Yogi, a National Academy of Sports Medicine certified personal trainer, founder and owner of the Genbukan Harukaze Dojo, The Institute of Asian Arts(tm) and Training by Gary. He has been studying the Eastern Arts since 1969 has attained many ranks and titles along the way including:
* Genbukan Kyoshi (Teaching Master) and Shibucho (Regional Director)
* Ryokudan (6th Degree Black Belt) in Genbukan Ninpo Taijutsu and the Kokusai Jujutsu Renmei as a personal student of Soke Shoto Tanemura
* Okuden level (equivalent to a 7th degree Black Belt) in Asayama Ichiden Ryu
* E-500 ERYT
* Initiated Disciple of Yogiraj Swami Bua who named him Gajendranathan (King of the Elephants)
* Disciple of Master Chen Weigun in Taijiquan (Tai Chi) and Qigong and Grandmaster Sam Chin (I Liq Chuan)
* Level 4 Qigong Instructor by the National Qigong Association
* KBC Kettlebell instructor
* Certified in Ohashiatsu and Thai Yoga.
Gary believes in working with the Universal Principles which are the basis of all true religions, modalities and systems. These Principles may not be easy to learn, accept and follow, but they are simple. They usually require seekers to give up more than actually acquire. This is true for many reasons, not the least of which is most people already know all they need to know even if they can't "see" it or admit it if they can "see" it.
He has produced several DVDs (two in Japan) and a CD which are available on Amazon.
The Spirit of Smiling
Perfecting the Art of Surrendering To The Way
Smiling: What could be simpler?
That is the premise of this thoroughly practical, eye-opening book.
Smiling is simple because we, as in "ourselves," don't get in the way of or interfere with the process of smiling.
* wish more things could be as simple as smiling
* are tired of experts making these important concepts so complex that they are difficult to understand
* would like help to see what is hidden in plain sight
then Gary Giamboi has written this book just for you!
Of course, along the way to simplicity, Giamboi has to demystify several related subjects, such as Mindfulness, Free Will, "teaching" vs. "learning," cultivating wisdom, non-duality, purifying one's heart, etc. However, the unifying theme is always the same: things must be simple. If they are not, it means someone (usually ourselves) has messed them up.
Drawing upon his over forty years of experience to keep this book simple and straightforward, the author avoids impenetrable words and concepts as much as possible. Instead, Giamboi has filled this book with illuminating stories and metaphors.
The experts hail this book as: "truly a treasure...to refer to again and again"; "...a practical book, a 'get to the point' opportunity"; "a beautiful, inspiring practical guidebook"; "lucid and clearly written."
- Publication Date:
- 061565925X / 9780615659251
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Body, Mind & Spirit / Inspiration & Personal Growth