Add to Cart
Bnei Avraham Ahuvecha: Gerim in Chassidic Thought
Dov ben Avraham
This book will enthusiastically be sought after by Jews who were not born Jewish, and those on the path to becoming Jewish. It has received glowing approbations from the Sudilkover Rebbe, Bostoner Rebbe, Hornsteipler Rebbe, Rabbi Yitzchok Meir Morgenstern, Rabbi Dovid Meisels, and Rabbi Lazer Brody.
Unlike numerous books already published in English on conversion to Judaism, this book is not a personal narrative, how-to manual, digest of relevant laws, or academic historical overview. This book presents the story behind the story - the mystical teachings found within Chassidic literature that illuminate the hidden inner world of the ger.
Until now, these teachings were scattered in an unorganized manner throughout countless volumes and inaccessible to those unfamiliar with the Hebrew language. With this book, "Bnei Avraham Ahuvecha: Gerim in Chassidic Thought", relevant Chassidic teachings are collected, translated from Hebrew into English, organized topically, and further elucidated, when needed. Interspersed with these translated teachings, stories- both old and new - are included to help bring them to life. In addition, this book includes supplementary essays written by Rabbi Chaim Kramer, Rabbi Ozer Bergman, Rabbi Dovid Sears, Rabbi Avraham Chaim Bloomenstiel, and Mrs. Talya Lipshutz (based on conversations with Rav Elazar Mordechai Kenig of Tsfat).
Excerpts from the book's approbations:
* A jewel in any Jewish bookcase for generations to come, [this book] will greatly benefit all those who study it. -- Sudilkover Rebbe
* I am delighted to recommend the book as a meaningful contribution to the growing body of Torah information available to the Chareidi world. Indeed, the project is intriguing both for its timeliness and for its superb scholarship. -- Hornsteipler Rebbe of Milwaukee
* Well researched ... provides many novel ideas from primary sources that are not available to the general public. -- Bostoner Rebbe of Jerusalem
* I have one blessing for my precious friend [the author]: may he see blessings from what he has accomplished and increase the honor of God in the world with his great book. -- Rabbi Dovid Meisels
* This wonderful book is unique in the world of Torah literature. -- Rabbi Lazer Brody
* It is my hope and prayer that learning and internalizing the teachings in this book will sensitize our community to the greatness of the mitzvah to love gerim. -- Rabbi Yitzchok Meir Morgenstern
- Publication Date:
- 1470014521 / 9781470014520
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Religion / Judaism / Kabbalah & Mysticism