Add to Cart
About the author:
Screenwriter/Published Author/ Biographer / Film Adaptations / Editor, Fiction & Non-Fiction
- ENDORSEMENTS -
- David Black, Award Winning Author / Screenwriter - Law & Order, NYPD Blue, Former Executive Producer CSI: Miami: "Bruce is a wonderful writer who drags his reader through his book by the heart."
- Nicholas Pileggi, Author / Screenwriter - Goodfellas, Casino, City Hall, American Gangster: "I've known Bruce for a long time, and am familiar with his work. He writes with such conviction because he's been there and done it."
- Louis Gossett, Jr. (Oscar Winner, An Officer And A Gentleman, Multiple Emmy's and Golden Globe Awards): "Bruce is an extremely prolific, well-seasoned writer."
The Tony Conigliaro Story
- A great read also makes a great gift! -
- Synopsis -
By the time he was five he was a kid with a dream: someday he'd be a baseball player. Gifted with extraordinary skills, a story book romance, rare physical abilities, and Hollywood handsome looks, it appeared Tony had been blessed by the gods.
In the midst of this, however, he was beset with the most challenging experience of his life, an event that nearly killed him. Doctors feared he would never see again; fans feared he'd never play again; his family and the love of his life watched in horror, fearing he might never rise again as he lay in the dirt beside home plate, wreathing in agony.
This is more than a sports story. This is a human interest story, a love story, a story of triumph, and one of the greatest comeback stories in all of sports history.
This is The Tony Conigliaro Story...
The Major League Baseball Hall Of Fame:
"The Tony Conigliaro Story is highly recommended, particularly for those of Red Sox Nation."
- Bruce Markusen,
MLB Hall of Fame
"I loved it! So much I didn't know. What a crazy story. You did a terrific job with it. I wish more young fans today knew exactly how good he really was! Thanks again!"
- Jay Crawford,
Sports Anchor, ESPN
"This is a must-read for every Red Sox fan - those who lived through it all or those who need to know how it happened. Bruce Fitzpatrick does a masterful job of letting us all recall the amazing life of Tony C. We recommend the book highly.
Ernie Paicopolos, Executive
I finished the book this morning. I want to express my gratitude for such a great read. You truly captured Tony's life. I'm sure he is smiling down on you. I hope you sell tons of copies.
Red Sox Nation, The Villages, FL:
We've made Bruce Fitzpatrick an honorary member for the work he has done on Tony Conigliaro's life, and for the interest he has generated after having performed two speaking engagements in front our substantial audiences.
Many Of The Book's Readers:
Have compared The Tony Conigliaro Story to Brian's Song.
- Publication Date:
- Apr 01 2012
- 1468019708 / 9781468019704
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Biography & Autobiography / Sports