Add to Cart
About the author:
CLARK HUMPHREY wrote, among other things, the widely acclaimed nonfiction books Vanishing Seattle, Walking Seattle, and Loser: The Real Seattle Music Story. A former staff writer for The Stranger and The Comics Journal, he lives in Seattle, on the U.S. mainland.
The Myrtle of Venus
A Modern, Funny Novel of Sex, Art, and Real Estate
Betty Beige, the world's blandest woman, inherits an old warehouse. She tries to evict its tenants, a ragtag group of underground artists.
They decide to fight back. They'll win her over to their side. They'll use the power of seduction to make her an aware, sensual woman. Without knowing what's happening, Betty will turn from mild to wild.
Or will she?
That's just the start of the action, as eleven vivid characters cope with liberation, manipulation, high ideals, and lowdown-dirty deals.
The Myrtle of Venus is a raucous, robust FUN novel, filled with:
* Kinky sex! Ordinary sex!
* Art! Music! Dance! Video games!
* Burlesque dancers! Fetish performance art!
* Cigarettes! Alcohol! Coffee! Aphrodisiac water!
* Urban politics! Class struggle!
* Greek mythology! Outer-space cartoons!
* An executive dominatrix and her office boy-toys!
* A white guy who wants to be a black lesbian!
* A talk-radio bad boy with control issues!
* 'Young, edgy' advertising!
* Scheming women! Nerdy men!
* A naked drag queen!
* The secret behind an American icon!
... and much, much more!
- Publication Date:
- 1929069278 / 9781929069279
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 5.5" x 8.5"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Fiction / Satire