Add to Cart
The C# Player's Guide
THIS ISN'T THE EDITION YOU'RE LOOKING FOR! The 3rd edition of this book is now available.
The C# Player's Guide is the ultimate guide for people starting out with C#, whether you are new to programming, or an experienced vet. This guide takes you from your journey's beginning, through the most challenging parts of programming in C#, and does so in a way that is casual, informative, and fun.
This version of the book is updated for C# 5.0, .NET 4.5, and Visual Studio 2012
- Get off the ground quickly, with a gentle introduction to C#, Visual Studio, and a step-by-step walkthrough and explanation of how to make your first C# program.
- Learn the fundamentals of procedural programming, including variables, math operations, decision making, looping, methods, and an in-depth look at the C# type system.
- Delve into object-oriented programming, from start to finish, including inheritance, polymorphism, interfaces, and generics.
- Explore some of the most useful advanced features of C#, and take on some of the most common tasks that a programmer will tackle.
- Learn to control the tools and tricks of programming in C#, including the .NET framework, dealing with compiler errors, and hunting down bugs in your program.
- Master the needed skills by taking on a large collection of Try It Out! challenges, to ensure that you've learned the things you need to.
With this guide, you'll soon be off to save the world (or take over it) with your own awesome C# programs!
- Publication Date:
- 0985580100 / 9780985580100
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 8" x 10"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Computers / Programming Languages / C#