Add to Cart
Let's head over to my website!
About the author:
Eoghan Odinsson is an award winning author with a lifelong passion for the knowledge of our Northern forefathers - or "folk lore", Literally, the knowledge of our people.
Graduating from the University of Aberdeen in Scotland with his Masters of Science degree, he subsequently taught for the University, as well as acting as Dissertation adviser for graduate students.
In addition to his academic background, Eoghan also holds a Black Belt in Chito-Ryu Karate, and has taught Martial Arts in Canada and the USA.
Eoghan has just returned from a 10 year stretch working in the Washington D.C. area, and is now back in his native Ottawa Valley where he lives with his wife, son and three dogs.
Eoghan is a professional member of the Canadian Authors Association.
Northern Plant Lore
A Field Guide to the Ancestral Use of Plants in Northern Europe
Melinda E. Long
Shea C. Long
Over a thousand years ago the Anglo-Saxons used willow bark to treat headaches; modern pharmaceutical companies use the same basic ingredient - salicin.
They boiled the bark in holy water and added a few other unnecessary ingredients, but they had a basic treatment that worked a millennia ago! And they called this the Dark Ages?
Northern Plant Lore explores the plants and herbs used by the Anglo Saxons for medicinal purposes, and compares them to the list of plant and herbs proven effective by modern medical science. Not every plant they used worked, but Northern Plant Lore will show you which ones did, and how you can use them today.
In Northern Plant Lore you will:
- Take control of your families Health and well being
- Discover Ancient Viking & Anglo-Saxon Remedies Supported by Modern Science
- Unlock The Wisdom of our ancestors expressed in cures still used today
- Grow your own medicinal herbs and plants
- Create remedies at home with the same basis as modern pharmaceuticals
- Know exactly whats going into your body when you take an herbal remedy
- Cross reference ancient cures to modern science
- Browse ailments cross referenced to plants and treatments
Re-connect with the earth, start living more holistically, and take control of your families health. Northern Plant Lore gives you the tools to do just that!
Take control of your families health today!
- Publication Date:
- 0987839454 / 9780987839459
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Health & Fitness / Herbal Medications