Add to Cart
Preview chapter 1 of Divine Towels
About the author:
Jason McGlynn has lived in the Atlantic City area and has worked for the FAA as a Technical Publications Editor for ten years. He attended Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia where he earned a B.S. degree and a MBA in management information systems.
While Jason is quite successful, his life got off to a rocky start. When Jason was born in the coal fields of West Virginia, the doctors diagnosed Jason with cerebral palsy and told his mother to forget about him because he would be profoundly retarded, basically a vegetable.
Jason has been determined not to allow his struggles to stop him from living a full and productive life. Living with cerebral palsy is hard enough, but it is even more difficult when you do not have an earthly support system behind you. With the exception of his dear mother, he has always felt like a leper.
Often people ask Jason how he has managed to overcome the many adversities of his life and why he has such a positive outlook. Jason attributes his success to the three things in his life:
1. His God, who is not only at his side every step of the way, but who also gives him the determination and will needed to face whatever obstacle comes his way. The Bible verse, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me," has always sustained him and given him the strength to do whatever he needs to do.
2. His mother, who is his best friend and role model. She has been there for him in every way imaginable. Not only has she dedicated her life to ensuring that he has had every opportunity possible, but she has also inspired him to write Divine Towels.
3. His writing, which is Jason's greatest passion. Jason definitely does have cerebral palsy and a speech impediment to go with it. However, when Jason becomes quiet and asks the Holy Spirit to fill his heart, his speech is no longer an issue. For the Holy Spirit blesses him with an incredible gift and tells Jason word for word what to write. The words the Holy Spirit gives him are inspired; they are intended for a troubled world that desperately needs to hear them.
Beau Jason McGlynn
Divine Towels is a modern-day parable where Jesus asks Ethan and his mother, Claire, to do a very special mission for Him: open a nonprofit store, called Divine Towels, where people have their feet washed. Depending on how much faith people have, they will be given healing in one form (body, mind, spirit, or soul) or another according to God's will and in his time. Those who are "the healed" think differently and have the uncanny ability to come up with unique solutions to complex problems.
Divine Towels is a bold book that people should read. Not only will it give people a fresh perspective on life and remind them of what their priorities in life should be, but it will challenge them to have more faith and rekindle the flame of passion and zest for life that was so visible in the Acts of the Apostles. The book stokes the embers of passion in people's souls by reinforcing the idea that the only way to successfully bulldoze the obstacles of their lives is to trust Christ completely. When people finish reading Divine Towels, they will walk away with a renewed sense of purpose and be empowered by the Holy Spirit to devote their lives to spreading love, bearing fruit, and saving souls.
Please consider using this as a Bible study for it will remind Christians of what their role is in the world today! It revitalizes weary, tired souls, especially in a time when people feel as if they are living on autopilot and there is little hope.
If you are having trouble buying from createspace, Divine Towels is available on amazon.com.
**Consider using this modern-day parable as a way of making a personal spiritual retreat, small group study, discussion, or as part of a Bible study. If you are interested or have comments/questions, email the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Publication Date:
- 1475093829 / 9781475093827
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Religion / Christian Life / Inspirational