Add to Cart
Being A Teacher In Chile
Thomas Jerome Baker
Chile, this beautiful country that has stolen my heart, needs good teachers. Come to Chile, and I will share her with you. Are you a good teacher?
You might ask: "How do you become a good teacher?" My answer has two parts. First, love what you do. Love being a teacher so much that if you had the power to be anything on Earth, pilot, astronaut, doctor, dentist, taxi-driver, singer, dancer, artist, musician, anything at all, you would still choose to be a teacher. Love being a teacher, that's number one. In the pages of this book I share with you my love of being a teacher in Chile. I care about teaching, and the issues that affect teaching, not only in Chile, but worldwide. I hope you will enjoy the view of being a teacher in Chile that I share with you in the pages of this book. Bienvenido. Welcome to my Chile!
My Top Ten Themes in this book are :
1. Teacher competency
2. What is a "good" teacher?
3. Too sexy to teach? Behaviour away from work matters.
4. PPP: Teaching Methodology for student pronunciation engagement is as easy as 123.
5. The Native Speaker Fallacy: Why knowing English does not mean you can automatically teach English
6. A Native Speaker Case Study (The Native Speaker Fallacy in Real World Action)
7. What is a "bad" teacher? It's not a movie!
8. Identifying good teachers and hiring them
9. Defining teacher quality
10. The Power of Teacher Teams (What Harvard says)
11. Putting it all together: A teacher in Chile is interviewed and makes a surprising prediction!
* After reading this book, you will have new insights into what being a teacher in Chile, or in any country worldwide, truly means. It means reflection on contemporary issues that impact upon teaching and learning. Chile, though located far away from the rest of the world, a beautiful paradise, is no different from being a teacher in your country.
These are timeless questions. You may want to investigate further, do research, or discuss the topics with your colleagues. Teaching is not passive, and this book will promote your active participation in education, and in your profession, both in and out of the classroom.
- Publication Date:
- May 04 2012
- 1475292961 / 9781475292961
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Full Color
- Related Categories:
- Foreign Language Study / English as a Second Language