Add to Cart
Except For Fornication (Large Print Edition)
Why Evangelicals Must Reevaluate Their Interpretation Of Matthew's Divorce Exception Clause
Daniel R Jennings
Evangelical churches often teach that Matthew's divorce exception clause allows a person to divorce and remarry in the case of adultery but many are unaware that...
* This interpretation has been rejected by millions of Christians throughout history.
* The belief that adultery allows a person to divorce and remarry actually causes the Bible to contradict itself.
* There is another, alternative interpretation which is supported by stronger historical and linguistic evidence which is being embraced by Evangelicals.
This work will take you on an incredible and surprising journey from the 5th century BC up until the present in an attempt to discover the real meaning behind Jesus' often quoted but seldom deeply studied exception clause. This work presents an in-depth analysis of Matthew's "Exception Clause" found in Matthew 19:9.
- Publication Date:
- 1475296444 / 9781475296440
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Religion / Christian Life / Love & Marriage