Add to Cart
About the author:
I worked for years in science before discovering my true passion in writing. Since taking the plunge in 2010 to quit my day job and write full time, I have had numerous articles published in local, national and international magazines including American Gardener, Herb Companion and History Magazine, as well as on various locales across the Interwebs. My areas of focus are gardening, travel and history. I have also won several awards for my essays and fiction.
In addition to Soup for You, I am the author of...
* The Trials of Hercules: Book One of The Osteria Chronicles
* 13th Hour: Tales from Light to Midnight
* Going Native: Small Steps to a Healthy Garden
* The My Garden Journal
* Simply Soft Cheese: Home Cheese Making Made Quick & Easy
* Easy Preserving: Simple Ways to Save Your Bounty
To learn more about me, please visit TammiePainter.com
Soup for You
Simple & Healthy Soups You Can Make Into a Meal
Whether you're a beginner in the kitchen or old hand at the stove, Soup for You provides easy and healthy recipes for thirteen mouth-watering soups along suggestions for how to make the soups into a meal.
After an introduction that explains the many benefits of homemade soup, covers the tools and ingredients you'll need and presents tips on storing your soup for future meals, Soup for You offers step-by-step directions to make 13 fabulous soup recipes including
* Comforting Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup
* Curry Lentil Soup to warm your winter days
* Rustic Italian White Bean Soup
* Irish Leek and Potato Soup
* Delicious and Nutritious Roasted Squash Soup
...and many more
Each recipe features notes on how to adjust the soup to your tastes, as well as plenty of hints and tips on side dishes, breads and drinks to make each soup into a meal.
Following the soup recipes, Soup for You's appendix presents a selection of tasty and simple bread recipes for loaves and rolls that will go great with a batch of your homemade soup.
Soup for You focuses on healthy cooking and encourages low sodium methods as much as possible. For maximum flexibility, all recipes start out vegetarian but include a number of options for carnivores.
If you'd like to try a free sample recipe from the book, please visit http://tammiepainter.com/soup-for-you/
- Publication Date:
- 147828336X / 9781478283362
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Cooking / Courses & Dishes / Soups & Stews