Add to Cart
How the First Letter was Written
Updated and Enhanced!
Read about how Emma writes the first letter!
Rudyard Kipling wrote the first version of this story in 1902. 110 years later here's an updated version, modernized and set in United States. It's a story about the great invention of writing. With reading and writing you can share ideas with people far away from you in time and in place. The updates support beginning reading in several ways:
- Easy to read one sentence summaries of every story page
- A short poem on every story page because poems are fun and because rhymes remind you there are sounds smaller than a syllable, which is important in reading English
- A question at the bottom of every story page, to help the reader remember to imagine things and to ask questions
- Modernized and updated text and images
- Detailed full color picture of the alphabet necklace
- A new long poem at the end
- A description of each letter of the alphabet and how it's used in English
Probably, at least at first, a good reader will read the text in small black print. Listening to the story helps build vocabulary and grammar skills. Beginning readers can start with the page summary, then the poem and the question, and eventually read the whole text, perhaps to someone else! The goal is to help enable competent and enthusiastic readers.
- Publication Date:
- 1479188603 / 9781479188604
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 8.5" x 11"
- Full Color
- Related Categories:
- Juvenile Fiction / Classics