Add to Cart
About the author:
I've been a writer since my first poems and stories during elementary school days.
* co-author of two non-fiction monographs (about librarianship) with a royalty publisher, plus a chapter in another book and an article in a specialty encyclopedia
* has published articles, book reviews, and over 120 poems
* my writing has won nearly 40 awards, including several in national contests
* as a newspaper photo-journalist, published about 150 bylined newspaper articles, and some 100 bylined photos
* Decorated veteran of U.S. Air Force (including a remote 'tour' of duty in the Arctic ... at Thule AB in N.W. Greenland).
* worked nearly 30 years in the field of librarianship.
* married parent of two and grandparent of six.
Romantic comedy and romantic suspense are among seven completed novel manuscripts.
The Overnighter's Secrets
When Beth left suddenly, it broke two hearts ... but she'd had no choice. Shane, a rugged, ex-Airborne biker, handled it badly ... but so had she. Three years later and 2000 miles away, she desperately needs her ex-lover's protection from a violent menace with 'bad history' who'll do anything to reclaim a mysterious suitcase Beth possesses.
Long before Shane acquired that overnighter, a 'silent movie' actress kept secrets there ... and now several lives are in jeopardy. An ambitious female state senate candidate hires a ruthless investigator to eliminate potential campaign 'problems' like her dark family secret - a bizarre 1889 murder.
Is Beth's terrifying ordeal simply because she unwittingly possesses the overnighter's secrets? Or is it due to the meth-fueled dumpster-diver's 'unfinished business'?
Shane will likely return to California after he resolves this Tennessee 'situation' ... so Beth struggles to resist her reawakened feelings. But before she can sort out their renewed relationship ... Beth is kidnapped! To rescue her Shane enters an obvious trap in a dilapidated hotel. Only with Beth's help can both survive the violent struggle against her kidnappers.
- Publication Date:
- 1480088323 / 9781480088320
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 5.25" x 8"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Fiction / Romance / Suspense