Add to Cart
Hardball Times Annual 2013
The Hardball Times' annual review of the 2012 baseball season, with prospect reviews and commentary, as well as ground-breaking historical research, economic and sabermetric articles. 100% baseball. The Hardball Times Annual is the "MVP of baseball annuals" and has been an annual bestseller since 2004.
Inside the pages you'll find:
- Craig Calcaterra's humorous take on the 2012 season.
- An ode to the Red Sox's season that could have been.
- A fan's take on thew amazing ups and downs of the Oakland A's.
- The legacies of Satchel Paige and Horace Stoneham in baseball history.
- The umpires who have had the widest strike zones in baseball history...and the smallest.
- Interviews with baseball insiders about how they construct their lineups.
What's more, we have a special section dedicated to the economics of baseball, such as an article by Dave Cameron on the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, how much free agents are paid for their skills and a brand new feature: a case study in the business of baseball.
Plus, our usual assortment of division reviews, postseason coverage and what have you. As Sports Weekly said, "There are several baseball books that come out every year for the holiday season, but none as well-rounded and complete as the Hardball Times Baseball Annual."
For the complete table of contents, go to this URL: http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/content/article/its-the-2013-hardball-times-baseball-annual/
- Publication Date:
- Nov 15 2012
- 1480273813 / 9781480273818
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Sports & Recreation / Baseball / Essays & Writings