Add to Cart
About the author:
Carol Bergeron is a consultant, coach, facilitator, speaker, author, and the President of Bergeron Associates(tm). Carol launched the firm in 1998 after more than fifteen years in senior leadership corporate positions with a focus on human capital management. Today, Carol helps clients achieve their strategic goals by transforming leaders into resilient talent magnets who get business results through organizational effectiveness and talent solutions such as: strategic workforce planning & integration, people succession, leadership development, and change management. She can best be reached by visiting her website at www.bergeronassociates.com.
Lessons from Forward Thinking Executives in Middle-Market Companies
Carol P Bergeron
This book is a must read for executives, the board of directors, and people managers in middle-market and aspiring middle-market companies who want to proactively reduce workforce risks so that business goals can be achieved.
This succinct read is tailored to today's busy business leaders and:
* Starts with 3 scenarios of an organization with a promising path for growth. The first scenario assumes business strategy execution without incident. The second scenario shows the economic dip over a 5 year period resulting from the unexpected departure of a key executive. The third scenario shows how the initial loss of the key executive snowballs into dramatically disappointing organizational results over a 5 year horizon.
* Is loaded with first-hand experiences shared by 25+ executives in middle-market companies interviewed for the book who currently do succession planning and reap its many benefits (i.e. peer learning in print).
* Provides a road map of the 7 steps involved in the people succession process in addition to time saving tips.
* Identifies the top 9 derailers to people succession and how to address them.
* Reveals sensible approaches used by busy executives when preparing people for future responsibilities.
* The book explains why companies that rely too heavily on recruiting from the external candidate pool put business strategy execution at risk.
* Speaks to CEO succession, board issues, and the monitoring of key performance indicators for determining if your people succession works.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Why Succession Planning and Management Matters
Chapter 2: People Succession Defined
Chapter 3: The School of Hard Knocks
Chapter 4: Career Champions
Chapter 5: Climate Counts
Chapter 6: Derail the Derailers
Chapter 7: Derailer 9: Career Conversations
Chapter 8: Talent Magnet Tool Kit
Chapter 9: Wanted: Blue Boxers
Chapter 10: The Board and Talent Analytics
Chapter 11: Ready, Set, Go
About the Author
- Publication Date:
- 0988707101 / 9780988707108
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 5.25" x 8"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Business & Economics / Strategic Planning