Add to Cart
WP 34S Owner's Manual
This manual documents WP 34S, a free software converting Hewlett-Packard's HP-30b Business Professional into a fast full fledge scientific programmable calculator like you have never had before – providing all the functions you ever wished having handy and comfortably fitting into your shirt pocket.
The function set of WP 34S is based on the famous HP-42S RPN Scientific, the most powerful programmable RPN calculator industrially built so far. Additionally, we put in the functions of the HP-16C, the HP-32SII, and the HP-21S. Furthermore, we added numerous useful functions for mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, programming, I/O, etc., such as
WP 34S is the first RPN calculator offering you a choice of two stack sizes: traditional 4 stack levels for HP compatibility, 8 levels for convenient calculations in complex domain, advanced real calculus, vector algebra in 4D, or for whatever application you have in mind.
- many statistical distributions and their inverses, Euler’s Beta and Riemann’s Zeta functions, Bernoulli and Fibonacci numbers, Lambert’s W, the error function, and the Chebyshev, Hermite, Laguerre, and Legendre orthogonal polynomials (forget heavy table books),
- programmable sums and products, first and second derivatives,
- integer computing in fifteen bases from binary to hexadecimal,
- bidirectional serial communication with your computer,
- battery-fail-safe on-board backup memory,
- 88 conversions, mainly from old Imperial to universal SI units and vice versa,
- 50 fundamental physical constants plus a selection of important numbers from mathematics, astronomy, and surveying,
- Greek and extended Latin letters plus mathematical symbols, and
- a stopwatch based on a real-time clock (with hardware added).
WP 34S features up to 107 global registers, 112 global flags, up to 928 program steps in RAM, up to 6014 program steps in flash memory, a 30 byte alpha register, 16 local flags as well as up to 144 local registers allowing for recursive programming, and 4 user-programmable hotkeys. Most of the memory layout is conveniently settable by you.
This 244-page manual explains all the over 700 functions of your WP 34S. It includes a wealth of information, many pictures and examples - everything you want to know also about flashing, updating, and tuning your WP 34S.
This is the true and original WP 34S reference, written by one of the two initiators of this project. Recommended for any serious science or engineering student as well as for professionals in these areas.
- Publication Date:
- 1481813838 / 9781481813839
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 8.5" x 11"
- Full Color
- Related Categories:
- Science / Scientific Instruments