Add to Cart
About the author:
Rob has spent most of his career as an entrepreneur, developer, IT executive, mobile architect, and author of bestselling mobile and wireless technology books. A pioneer of the smartphone revolution, he drove the development of the all-important mobile app ecosystem from its earliest days and co-founded the world’s first cloud-based mobile device management company.
As a Mobile Strategist Microsoft, he’s in high demand as an advisor to executives and as a speaker at conferences all over the world. Rob has been responsible for the architecture, development, and deployment of many of the world’s largest mobile and wireless solutions for Fortune 100 companies. Through books, articles, and workshops, he helps to empower CIOs, developers, and IT professionals in areas of mobile, strategy, wireless, data replication, security, the Cloud, and highly-scalable infrastructures.
Rob lives in the Pacific Northwest and you can learn about him at http://robtiffany.com and by following him on Twitter at @robtiffany.
Keeping Windows 8 Tablets in Sync with SQL Server 2012
Private and Hybrid Cloud Solutions for the Mobile Enterprise
Give your company a competitive advantage by creating mobile business apps for the world’s first enterprise-class tablet.
What you’ll Learn
- Use Hyper-V to create a virtualized SQL Server, Active Directory, and IIS infrastructure that runs either in a private cloud or Windows Azure to support public and hybrid cloud scenarios
- Microsoft wireless data sync and mobile database technologies accelerate your time to market while reducing risk to your solutions
- Rapidly create immersive Windows 8 tablet apps with .NET 4.5, C# and Visual Studio 2012
- Modern UI design principles empower you to deliver an aesthetically pleasing UX intended for touch
The Value Prop
- Unlock the value of your company’s back end systems by securely delivering critical data to employees in the field so they can make decisions at the point of activity
- Security is ensured at every tier of the solution with password protected and encrypted data-at-rest, TLS protected data-in-transit, plus corporate network authentication and authorization via Active Directory
- Companies save money by leveraging their existing Microsoft server assets, IT Pro training, and the same .NET development skills used to build Windows and Windows Mobile apps over the last decade
- Corporate investment in Windows 7 laptops and tablets is secured since the touch-first apps described in this book are backwards-compatible and work perfectly with a keyboard and mouse
- Publication Date:
- 0615818757 / 9780615818757
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Computers / Programming / Microsoft Programming