Add to Cart
About the author:
Mandy Concepcion has worked in the automotive field for over 25 years. He holds a Degree in Applied Electronics Engineering as well as an ASE Master & L1 certification.
For the past 18 years he has been exclusively involved in the diagnosis of all the different electronic systems found in today's vehicles. It is here where he draws extensive practical knowledge from his experience and hopes to convey it in his books. Mandy also produces an automotive technology DVD-Video series, writes auto repair books, develops automotive software and designs OBD-2 scanners, scopes and other diagnostic equipment.
BMW Automotive Technologies
A European Automotive Series
This book, of which there's also a companion DVD by the same title, makes for an extensive work on what BMW has done in late model cars. Various new technologies are covered here. All the technical explanations are done using the latest in CG animation to show the concepts, inner workings and operation. It is a must see for anyone interested in auto repair, automotive instructors, technicians or simply DIY aficionados.
Table of Contents
* BMW Multi-Butterfly Throttle Control
* BMW 8 Cylinder Engine
* BMW Gasoline Direct Injection
* BMW Flex Ray Module Communication
* BMW X-Drive Servo-Motor Operation
* BMW X-Drive Electrical Operation
* BMW X-Drive 4X4 System
* BMW Injector Cut Off Circuit
* BMW (DME) Digital Motor Electronics
* BMW (EPS) Electric Power Steering
* BMW VANOS Valve CAM timing
* BMW VANOS Replacement
* BMW Valvetronic Variable Valve Lift
* BMW Air Vent Control
* BMW Electro-mechanical Parking Brakes
* BMW High Precision Direct Injection
* Automotive PDK Style Dual Clutch Transmissions
The technology that BMW employs makes for a durable and exceptional driving experience. These systems also trickle down to other manufacturers and both end up at either your local repair shop or your own home garage in need of repairs. At the very least as a consumer, this video and companion book, will make you much more a connoisseur of these complex technologies.
- Publication Date:
- 1484933532 / 9781484933534
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 8.5" x 11"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Transportation / Automotive / Repair & Maintenance