Add to Cart
About the author:
I've been a writer since my first poems and stories during elementary school days.
* first published novel, "The Overnighter's Secrets" was released in May 2012 by Astraea Press
* co-author of two non-fiction monographs (about librarianship) with a royalty publisher, plus a chapter in another book and an article in a specialty encyclopedia
* have published articles, book reviews, and over 120 poems
* my writing has won nearly 40 awards, including several in national contests
* as a newspaper photo-journalist, published about 150 bylined newspaper articles, and some 100 bylined photos
* decorated veteran of U.S. Air Force (including a remote 'tour' of duty in the Arctic ... at Thule AB in N.W. Greenland).
* worked nearly 30 years in the field of librarianship.
* married parent of two and grandparent of six.
Romantic comedy and romantic suspense are among seven completed novel manuscripts
Rescued by that New Guy in Town
When Kris awakens in a costume, behind wooden bars inside a pitch-black community center, her only available rescuer is the hung-over new guy in town (who's dressed as a pirate). Problem is: she's sworn-off men, especially buccaneers.
Badly burned four years ago by a player who ruined her financially, Kris Prima's heart is locked down as tightly as her lifestyle is confined by those massive debts. When first assisted by recent newcomer Ryan Hazzard, Kris is resentful, slightly afraid, and determined never again to trust men. But when court-ordered community service brings them together once more, she begins to appreciate Ryan's charm, good looks, and capable manner.
With all the rumors and assumptions which followed Ryan from a large metropolitan area, how can small-town Kris even begin to trust him? And why won't he explain any of those situations? Through her efforts to learn Ryan's mysterious past, they share further experiences: many comedic, one quite dangerous, and others very tender. Despite several misunderstandings, Kris's bottled-up feelings slowly re-awaken and she finally learns enough about Ryan to know she wants him in her life somehow. Kris regains her ability to trust a man and her heart is freed from its jail.
- Publication Date:
- 1489502467 / 9781489502469
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 5.25" x 8"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Fiction / Romance / Contemporary