Add to Cart
Knowledge Sharing Strategies for Large Complex Building Projects
This volume of A+BE examines the current extent of knowledge sharing between actors who form design teams of Large Complex Building Projects (LCBPs), the problems that limited knowledge sharing causes in such projects. As part of this analysis I compare deliberately designed and emerging project-specific Knowledge Sharing Strategies (KSS). Based on this analysis, it proposes an approach how to promote knowledge sharing in future LCBPs.
Understanding the current knowledge sharing processes employed by actors in large complex building projects forms therefore the core of this study. Hence, the dynamics that both hinder and promote actors' knowledge sharing processes within LCBPs are investigated. Before making this investigation, the natures of LCBPs are elaborated since these projects are 'the playgrounds' of the design team actors for knowledge sharing.
The study makes three contributions:
- an understanding of the nature of LCBPs (as the playground of actors) that serves as a basis for exploring potential barriers and current approaches towards knowledge sharing among design team actors,
- the formation of an analytical framework that synthesizes aspects for knowledge sharing strategies and investigates the current strategies that are targeted at building knowledge sharing between actors which has been undertaken in regard to the proposed framework of KSS,
- the practical implications that provide knowledge for practitioners so they can design and implement knowledge sharing strategies for LCBPs.
- Publication Date:
- 9461861745 / 9789461861740
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 7.44" x 9.69"
- Full Color
- Related Categories:
- Architecture / Project Management