Add to Cart
About the author:
Lead editor Aaron Schatz is the creator of FootballOutsiders.com and the proprietary NFL statistics within Football Outsiders Almanac, including DVOA, DYAR, Adjusted Line Yards, and the KUBIAK fantasy football projections. He writes regularly for ESPN Insider and ESPN the Magazine, and has done custom research for a number of NFL teams. The New York Times Magazine has referred to him as "the Bill James of football."
Bill Connelly (writer, NCAA statistics) writes for Football Outsiders and covers college football for SB Nation at FootballStudyHall.com.
Brian Fremeau (writer, NCAA statistics) writes for Football Outsiders and ESPN Insider.
Vince Verhei (writer, design, and layout) covers the NFL for Football Outsiders and ESPN Insider.
Rivers McCown (writer, editor on player comments) is assistant editor for Football Outsiders.
Andy Benoit has covered the NFL for CBS Sportsline and the New York Times. He was the creator of the "NFL Touchdown" book series and currently writes for Football Outsiders and TheMMQB.com.
Doug Farrar has covered the NFL for Yahoo! and now writes for Sports Illustrated.
Tom Gower writes regularly for Football Outsiders.
Matt Hinton covers college football for Football Outsiders and the SB Nation blog "Sunday Morning Quarterback."
Brian McIntyre covers the NFL for Yahoo! Shutdown Corner.
Chase Stuart runs the blog FootballPerspective.com and writes for FootballGuys.com.
Mike Tanier covers the NFL for SportsonEarth.com and is the author of "The Philly Fan's Code."
Danny Tuccitto writes regularly for Football Outsiders.
Robert Weintraub writes regularly Slate and The Guardian, and is the author of "The Victory Season: The End of World War II and the Birth of Baseball's Golden Age" and "The House That Ruth Built: A New Stadium, the First Yankees Championship, and the Redemption of 1923."
Football Outsiders Almanac 2013
The Essential Guide to the 2013 NFL and College Football Seasons
Aaron Schatz, Andy Benoit, Bill Connelly, Doug Farrar, Brian Fremeau, Tom Gower, Matt Hinton, Rivers McCown, Brian McIntyre, Chase Stuart, Mike Tanier, Danny Tuccitto, Vince Verhei, Robert Weintraub
The most authoritative and innovative guide to professional football (previously known as "Pro Football Prospectus") is back for an all-new season with more cutting-edge statistical analysis, obsessive film study, and trademark humor. Includes comprehensive coverage of all 32 NFL teams, analysis of offseason personnel changes, over 500 KUBIAK fantasy football projections, and breakdowns of every team from the six BCS conferences plus the top independent and mid-major college football teams.
With numerous statistical measures that go far beyond standard NFL stats, Football Outsiders Almanac 2013 gives NFL fans the kind of sabermetric-like statistical analysis that revolutionized the fan's understanding of baseball. It's also written with a knowing dry wit that gets under the skin of America's most popular spectator sport.
- Groundbreaking team and player DVOA ratings that correct for situation and opponent to reveal which offenses and defenses are truly superior, and which players really help win games.
- Exclusive data from the Football Outsiders Game Charting Project, unavailable in standard NFL stats, tells you which running backs face the most men in the box; which quarterbacks benefit the most from yards after catch; which teams most often blitz or run specific offensive formations; and which defensive backs stop the other team's passing game, measured by pass coverage on every single play rather than just tackles.
- Detailed information on each team's performance in 2012 by offensive and defensive personnel package.
- NEW FOR 2013: Detailed individual stats for offensive linemen.
- Extensive coverage of all 32 teams with week-by-week stats from the 2012 season, five-year performance trends, and analysis of off-season personnel changes.
- Exclusive 2013 predictions that give the odds on each team as a Super Bowl contender ... or a contender for the top pick in the 2014 draft.
- 2013 fantasy football projections for more than 500 skill position players based on the KUBIAK forecasting system.
- Breakdowns on more than 75 different college football teams and full win-loss projections for all 125 Division I-A (FBS) teams.
- "A book that any self-respecting NFL fan needs to purchase." -- Bill Simmons, GRANTLAND.com
- "Football Outsiders has now built a system that has some serious traction behind it. I personally find it fascinating." -- John Schneider, General Manager, Seattle Seahawks
- "The most accurate insight into why teams really win and lose." -- Jim Schwartz, head coach of the Detroit Lions
- Publication Date:
- Jul 15 2013
- 1491008024 / 9781491008027
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 8.5" x 11"
- Black and White with Bleed
- Related Categories:
- Sports & Recreation / Football