Add to Cart
How the Alphabet was Made
based on the original story by Rudyard Kipling
Read about how Jacob helps invent the alphabet!
Rudyard Kipling wrote the first version of this story in 1902. 111 years later here's an updated version, modernized and set in the United States. With reading and writing you can share ideas with people far away from you in time and in place. The updates support beginning reading in several ways:
- Easy to read one sentence summaries of every page
- A short poem on every page because poems are fun and because rhymes remind one there are sounds smaller than a syllable, and that idea is important in reading English
- A question at the bottom of every story page, to help the reader remember to imagine things and to ask questions
- Detailed full color picture of the magic alphabet necklace
- A new long poem at the end
- A description of each letter and how it is used in English
Probably, at least at first, a good reader will read the text in small black print. Listening to the story helps build vocabulary and grammar skills. Beginning readers can start to read the story summary, then the poem and the question, and eventually read the whole text, perhaps to someone else! The goal is to help enable competent and enthusiastic readers!
- Publication Date:
- 1492750778 / 9781492750772
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 8.5" x 11"
- Full Color
- Related Categories:
- Juvenile Fiction / General