Add to Cart
About the author:
I've been a writer since my first poems and stories during elementary school days.
* published novels (with Astraea Press) - "Rescued By That New Guy in Town" (Oct. 2012) and "The Overnighter's Secrets" (May 2012)
* co-author of two non-fiction monographs (about librarianship) with a royalty publisher, plus a signed chapter in another book and a signed article in a specialty encyclopedia
* have published articles, book reviews, and over 120 poems
* my writing has won nearly 40 awards, including several in national contests
* as a newspaper photo-journalist, published about 150 bylined newspaper articles, and some 100 bylined photos
* decorated veteran of U.S. Air Force (including a remote tour of duty in the Arctic ... at Thule AB in N.W. Greenland)
* worked nearly 30 years in the field of librarianship
* married parent of two and grandparent of six
Romantic comedy and romantic suspense are among seven completed novel manuscripts.
Called to Arms Again
Grit doesn't fade away ... it just becomes crusty. With harrowing elements right out of today's headlines, this story reaches back into the sturdy heartbeat of people raised during the Depression and tested during World War II. Though the old uniforms haven't fit in many dec-ades, their resilient spirits still have that same intensity which helped save democracy.
Needing only a fresh angle to write her Veteran's Day special, Kelly discovers first-hand that the Greatest Generation still has enough grit to fight back. While all the authorities are oc-cupied during a massive Homeland Security drill, an urban gang of thieves targets an isolated retirement subdivision ... figuring the crippled geriatrics would offer no resistance.
Though Kelly's widowed boyfriend came along only for a post-funeral luncheon, Mitch soon finds himself leading a mis-matched flanking team. Kelly's good friend Wade has his own assignment, with a home-made mortar and lots of illegal gunpowder.
Maybe it's difficult to remember everyday things like taking pills, but these octogenari-ans have never forgotten it was up to them to defend family, home, and community. The out-come of their courageous stand depends on the resolve and resourcefulness of an unlikely en-semble of eccentric elderly neighbors, several American Legion members, and others spanning four generations.
- Publication Date:
- 1492993476 / 9781492993476
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 5.25" x 8"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Fiction / War & Military