Add to Cart
About the author:
Academic Success Media is an educational development company specializing in test preparation materials for college freshmen.
TSI Texas Success Initiative Math Practice Tests
185 TSI Math Practice Problems and Solutions
Academic Success Media
Our TSI Texas Success Initiative Math Practice Tests cover all of the skills examined on the actual TSI test.
Equal to 6 full-length TSI math practice tests, the guide contains 185 TSI math practice questions.
There are comprehensive step-by-step explanations for each math problem so you can learn how to avoid the common errors that students make on the TSI exam.
The book is conveniently organized by each of the subject areas on the TSI test.
The book begins with a math review section that demonstrates how to use all of the math formulas and concepts that you need for the Texas Success Initiative exam.
The logical organization of the book allows you to focus on each skill set and perfect your technique before doing the more advanced problems later in the book.
The math problems in this book cover all four of the skill areas and all of the question types on the actual TSI assessment:
(1) Our elementary algebra and functions section contains practice problems on:
(2) Our intermediate algebra section contains practice problems on:
- linear equations
- algebraic expressions
- algebraic equations
- word problems and practical applications
(3) Our geometry and measurement section contains practice problems on:
- polynomial expressions
- equations and functions
- roots and radicals
- rational and exponential expressions
- scientific notation
(4) Our data analysis, statistics, and probability section contains practice problems on:
- plane geometry
- linear measurements
- area, angle measurement, perimeter, volume, and other geometric concepts
- hybrid shapes
Click on the "Look Inside" icon on the book cover at the left side of the screen to see a free sample of this publication.
- understanding charts and graphs
- interpreting categorical data
- interpreting quantitative data
- statistical measures, including mean, median, mode, range, variance, standard deviation, and percentile
- probability and working with data sets
You may also be interested in our other publication entitled:
TSI Texas Success Initiative Reading and Writing Study Guide
- Publication Date:
- 1493544500 / 9781493544509
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 8" x 10"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Education / Testing & Measurement