Add to Cart
User Access Control for Real People
Michael W Lucas
Unix-like operating systems have a primitive access control system. The root account can do anything. Other users are peasants with only minimal system access. This worked fine in UNIX's youth, but today, system administration responsibilities are spread among many people and applications. Each person needs a tiny slice of root's power.
Sudo lets you divide root's monolithic power between the people who need it, with accountability and auditability.
Sudo Mastery will teach you to:
* design a sudo policy rather than slap rules together
* simplify policies with lists and aliases
* use non-Unix information sources in policies
* configure alternate sudo policies
* manage shell environments
* verify system integrity and perform intrusion detection
* have a common sudo policy across your server farm
* manage sudo policies via LDAP
* log and debug sudo
* log and replay full sudo sessions
* use authentication systems other than passwords
While many people use sudo, most use only a small part of it's features. Chances are, you're doing it wrong. Master sudo with Sudo Mastery.
- Publication Date:
- 1493626205 / 9781493626205
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Computers / Security / General