Add to Cart
About the author:
How do two professionals from different countries conduct global change management research and co-author a book without ever meeting?
This internet-based collaboration was borne of their shared concerns of change management's poor track record. These concerns grew out of their common consulting experience and by the disturbing parallels they found in senior executive surveys since 1996 to present day. Since 2011, their deepening commitment is fueled by recognizing that managing change has never been more challenging. It is their mission to engage leaders and professionals in finding better ways to implement both successful and competitively sustainable change.
They recognize the body of work in change management is extensive, if not fragmented. Their book captures a set of perspectives from 1072 leaders and consultants from 80 countries and distills logical conclusions while avoiding overly-simplistic prescriptions. The credibility of their work stems not only from their qualifications but international experience. Nick Anderson grew up and was educated in the UK where he lived in multi-cultural communities. This formed the basis for his successful consulting experience in Europe, Middle Est and USA.in UK. Kelly Nwosu, on the other, hand grew up in Nigeria and completed his education both in the UK and Malaysia as well as cultural exposure in USA and Dubai. Today, Kelly lives in Abuja, the capital of Nigeria and Nick lives in Boise, Idaho's State Capital in the USA.
This multi-national upbringing and experience has bred humility for recognizing that they do not have all the answers and has been foundational to writing "Focusing Change to Win". It is their strong belief that by developing a community of critical friends, they can deepen understanding and application of more effective change management. To this end they formed New Catalyst, a change management company focusing on training, consulting and research solutions.
Focusing Change To Win
Leadership Change Manual
Kelly Nwosu, Nick Anderson
Why do some companies thrive on change? What increases people's resistance to change? How can change increase competitiveness?
To find the answers to these and other questions we survey 1072 business leaders from 80 countries in 19 industry sectors and analyzing over 6,000 comments. From this survey we detail a practical tool set to help you:
* Compare yourself with successful companies
* Assess your organization competitiveness
* Track and measure change performance
* Anticipate and minimize employee's resistance
* Communicate to engage employees effectively.
What should readers of this book come away with?
* Questionnaires designed to engage both formal and informal change management and leadership to rate your organization's performance in terms of measuring change performance, assessing competitive advantage. thriving and surviving through change as well as communicating and implementing change.
* A process to facilitate leaders in selecting those questions which are most relevant to their change and then reach a consensus on change improvement areas.
- Publication Date:
- 149365313X / 9781493653133
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6.69" x 9.61"
- Black and White with Bleed
- Related Categories:
- Business & Economics / General