An English translation of the classic Chinese go textbook, Sanzi Pu, written by go master Guo Bailing (c. 1587 - c. 1662).
This book contains hundreds of diagrams from Guo's research on three-stone handicap games and 5 game records. It was customary to place the three stones at star points along the diagonal of the board, i.e. two diagonal hoshis plus tengen. Many of the variations contain dozens of moves (occasionally more than 100), as a result of quarter-board or even half-board fights. Particular emphasis is placed on the coordination of the tengen stone.
Be prepared for a showcase of tesuji and semeai skills in these intense battles!
Table of Contents:
- Preface to Three-Stone Handicap Games (by Cheng Guangzhu)
- Preface to Three-Stone Handicap Games (by Wu Xinju)
- Foreword to Three-Stone Handicap Games (by Cheng Zhengkui)
- History of Three-Stone Games
- Big Corner Diagram (44 variations)
- Big Pressure Beam (50 variations)
- Resupinate Lily (60 variations)
- Large-Knight Corner Approach (50 variations)
- Three-Stone Games (5 games)
Sensei's Library: http://senseis.xmp.net/?ThreeStoneGames
Translations by Ruoshi Sun:
- Three-Stone Games by Guo Bailing
- Four-Stone Games by Guo Bailing
Part I https://www.createspace.com/4592900
Part II https://www.createspace.com/4633416
- Games of Wonder by Wu Jun and Wu Jiong
- Go Book of Peach Blossom Spring by Fan Xiping
- Publication Date:
- Dec 29 2013
- 1494809559 / 9781494809553
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Games / Board Games