An English translation of the classic Chinese go textbook, Sizi Pu, written by go master Guo Bailing (c. 1587 - c. 1662). Guo also authored the well-known Guanzi Pu, a fabulous collection of yose and life-and-death problems, and Sanzi Pu, a study of three-stone handicap games.
This book contains over 400 variations from Guo's research on four-stone handicap games. Many of the variations contain dozens of moves (occasionally more than 100), as a result of quarter-board or even half-board fights. Additional diagrams are supplemented by the translator for easier comprehension of further variations.
In Guo's own words, "It is the author's intention to elucidate the countless variations and let people realize that they all follow the basic principles."
- Mighty Cap Opening (66 variations)
- Big Pressure Beam Opening (111 variations)
- Attachment Opening (178 variations)
- High Corner Approach Opening (30 variations)
- Large-Knight Corner Approach Opening (54 variations)
Sensei's Library: http://senseis.xmp.net/?FourStoneGames
Translations by Ruoshi Sun:
- Three-Stone Games by Guo Bailing
- Four-Stone Games by Guo Bailing
Part I https://www.createspace.com/4592900
Part II https://www.createspace.com/4633416
- Games of Wonder by Wu Jun and Wu Jiong
- Go Book of Peach Blossom Spring by Fan Xiping
- Publication Date:
- Jan 21 2014
- 1494894998 / 9781494894993
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Games / Board