Add to Cart
About the author:
Carey Green is a Christ-follower, husband, dad, retired pastor, marriage & family coach, and internet entrepreneur. He believes that a good story can change lives... after all, Jesus told stories too!
What makes Carey's writing unique?
*His biblical counseling experience enables him to put real-life personal struggles into the lives of my characters.
* His biblical teaching experience enables him to weave the truth of scripture into those struggles.
* The wide range of authors he's read has helped him learn different ways of creating memorable characters.
* He believes that Christian fiction isn't just a way to make a living, it's a tool to lead people to think about deep, personal issues and apply God's truth to their lives.
* Carey is committed to being a down-to-earth author. He wants to hear from his readers and help them along in their journey of faith.
10 random things about Carey...
1. I've been known to yell at the TV screen.
2. I typically don't like the "home team" - no matter where I live.
3. I was once struck by lightning - indirectly. Maybe that explains a few things...
4. I play the drums, bass guitar, and I-pod.
5. When I was in high school, the bumper sticker on my car read, "If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it."
6. My big brother quit picking on me the minute I got taller than him. Go figure.
7. I have learned more from my wife than from any other individual on the planet. No doubt.
8. When I was in grade school, I rushed home every afternoon to watch "Speed Racer."
9. At my funeral, I'd hate it if anyone said, "He had such potential..."
10. My wife says I make up words... often... even in sermons.
BONUS: If you want to see me get very, VERY, VERY angry... put a video game controller in my hand. I just can't do it.
Dragon Slayer: Beginnings
Book One of the Dragon Slayer Chronicles
Dragons have been forgotten, relegated to the realm of legend and myth. But tales of horror circulate among the common people. Rumors of their attacks float on the night wind. They are a fearsome presence that haunts the memories of the old and the nightmares of the young.
They are forgotten, but they are not gone. The dragon masters wait, a dark force lurking in the shadows of every land. They will have their opportunity. They will rise.
A young boy is stripped violently from his family and thrust into the conflict between dragon masters and feudal lords. Through tragedy and loss Hon is swept into the conflict while battling the fear and pain that grips his own soul.
Dragon Slayer: Beginnings is a story of life and the growth of faith in the midst of loss. It’s about the battle every person goes through to become more than their past has destined them to be.
He is the first. He will be the best. He is the Dragon Slayer.
a note from the author
I’m continually amazed at the grace of God that He’s enabled me to write this novel. I’ve always had a great desire to write and as a youngster I read a ton. Combining my love of reading with the creation process of writing a book like this as a Christian fiction author has been incredible! Thanks God!
About the Dragon Slayer series
These books come from stories I told to my older three kids when they were small. Bedtime, road trips, and many other times I can remember hearing kids ask, “Dad, can you tell us a Hon story?”
I did… and they finally convinced me to put them into book form. I’m planning on a series of 5 books, hopefully being able to publish a couple per year. Yes, I’m very optimistic!
- Publication Date:
- 1495234894 / 9781495234897
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Juvenile Fiction / Fantasy & Magic