Add to Cart
Advanced Python for Biologists
Dr Martin O Jones
Advanced Python for Biologists is a programming course for workers in biology and bioinformatics who want to develop their programming skills. It starts with the basic Python knowledge outlined in Python for Biologists and introduces advanced Python tools and techniques with biological examples.
- How to use object-oriented programming to model biological entities
- How to write more robust code and programs by using Python's exception system
- How to test your code using the unit testing framework
- How to transform data using Python's comprehensions
- How to write flexible functions and applications using functional programming
- How to use Python's iteration framework to extend your own object and functions
Advanced Python for Biologists is written with an emphasis on practical problem-solving and uses everyday biological examples throughout. Each section contains exercises along with solutions and detailed discussion.
- Publication Date:
- 1495244377 / 9781495244377
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 7.44" x 9.69"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Computers / Bioinformatics