Add to Cart
About the author:
A brief presentation of Coach Preto:
- Instructor of stick combat (Jogo do Pau), Karate & Wrestling
- Undergrad in physical education
- Two masters in sport sciences
a) Sport teaching strategies (ULHT/Lisbon)
b) Coaching (UBC/Vancouver)
- Certified by the International Sport Sciences Association as a:
a) Fitness trainer
b) Youth training specialist
c) Endurance training specialist
- The forgotten art of fighting against multiple opponents
- Coaching combat tactics: Counter attack selection
- Jogo do Pau: The ancient art and modern science of Portuguese stick fighting
- Understanding physical conditioning: A movement based approach
- Development of technique & tactical skill
Plus, co-producer of the DVDs:
- Combat tactics: 1) Decision making in weapon based martial arts
- From battlefields to duelling: The evolution of Jogo do Pau
"For the full-contact stick fighter, Luis' approach to staff has huge appeal. He demonstrates outstanding range and timing, with hardcore commitment"
Loki Jorgenson, instructor of Pekiti-Tirsia & Dog Brothers’ MA
"Luis delivers content that is both grounded in solid body mechanics and tactically relevant and applicable to all martial artists regardless of discipline. His 'in-context' approach to training martial skills helps students not only learn but easily apply new techniques outside of drills in an efficient and effective manner. He has certainly had a positive impact on the way that I teach and train"
Devon Boorman, Academie Duello’s lead instructor
"Our skills as a club improved dramatically as a result of his tutelage. Not only did our students gain from Luis' skill as a teacher, but our instructor team benefited immeasurably from his insightful coaching. Luis is a patient tutor with a keen eye for the minutiae and detail of fine body mechanics. During his tenure at Blood and Iron Martial Arts he quickly became a favourite teacher among our students, and became the Head Coach of our fight team"
Lee Smith, Blood & Iron Martial Arts’ lead instructor
Development of Technique & Tactical Skill
A practical guide for coaches, parents & athletes
MSc Luis Preto
SUCCESSFUL SPORTS TEACHING MADE EASY ... because everyone deserves a great sport experience!
A practical system from a coach to coaches, parents & trainees
Looking for innovative teaching methods?
Frustrated with complex and not so practical books on teaching?
This book bridges the gap between sports teaching scientific research & the practical day-to-day work of teaching sport skills.
Better yet, it makes teaching uncomplicated by sharing great insight into:
- What makes up movement software
- How motor skills are developed as an adaptation to opponent's traits, game rules & one's body image
- The optimization of the psychological variables that influence performance
All culminates in a teaching system that optimizes:
- Transfer from drills to game performance
These topics are covered by sharing both concepts and real world teaching applications ...
... and in a such straight forward that reading this book easily fits anyone's busy schedule.
- Publication Date:
- 1495377881 / 9781495377884
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Sports & Recreation / Training