Add to Cart
The P.E.O. Founders' Scrapbook
Sharon S. Atkins
The P.E.O. Founders' Scrapbook, filled with ephemera such as letters, photos, newspaper and journal articles and even a music score, allows the reader to peek into the lives of the seven founders of P.E.O.: Mary Allen, Alice Bird, Hattie Briggs, Alice Coffin, Suela Pearson, Franc Roads and Ella Stewart as well as their descendants and relations.
Encounter what their life was like before, during and after the formation of The P.E.O. Sisterhood. Discover the impact their lives had upon their families, the communities where they lived and the world around them.
Explore, in a way never before presented, how these women exemplified the "pioneering spirit" of their era.
Follow the adventures in The P.E.O. Founders' Scrapbook to find the answers to these questions:
* Which founder has ancestors still deeply involved with Iowa Wesleyan?
* Which one was released from her teaching position after many years with a school district?
* Which one wrote lyrics to a song?
* Who had family connections to the Underground Railway?
* Whose husband ran a campaign vying for the office of Governor of Iowa?
* Which founder's children were raised by an uncle and aunt?
* Whose name may have been "misspelled' for years?
Author Sharon S. Atkins has compiled the authoritative guide to the lives of the founders of P.E.O. including life event timelines, family tree charts, and source citations for the genealogy research involved in creating The P.E.O. Founders' Scrapbook.
- Publication Date:
- 1496172140 / 9781496172143
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 8.5" x 11"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- History / United States / State & Local / Midwest