Add to Cart
BUY Ruination in HARDCOVER OR EBOOK
About the author:
Amanda Thome is the Author of Ruination, book one in the Worlds Apart dystopian trilogy. Amanda grew up in Maine and later moved to Pennsylvania where she obtained her bachelor's degree from
Ursinus College. She later received her doctorate degree in Physical Therapy from Columbia
University. Amanda currently resides in San Antonio, TX with her husband Clint.
Some facts about Amanda:
1. I love writing books but hate writing bio's
2. I have a candy addiction. It's a problem.
3. I manipulate/crack my toes and neck A LOT
4. I moved to Texas on a 3 month work contract, that was in 2010
5. My favorite holiday is Halloween (I think it relates to fact #2)
6. I want to have a mini-pig. I plan to name it Maxwell
7. I have 2 dogs and 1 cat, all of which think they are alpha and I am somewhere around delta.
8. I am perpetually losing things. I wish my cell could call my car keys and vice versa.
9. It took me 24 years to pronounce pillow correctly. I used to say, 'pello' sort of like hello with a p.
10. My family thought I would grow up to be a comedian, I thought I would be a veterinarian. I ended up being a physical therapist that likes to write YA trilogies. Who knew...
-Worlds Apart- Ruination
Cover design or artwork by
What if everything that mattered came down to a single test? If your entire life was defined at the age of seventeen, could you handle it? Could you accept your fate even if it meant leaving the ones you love, or would you risk it all and stay?
Just one test stands between Vanessa and Central. One chance to make the leap across the walls to a better life. One test to decide her fate. As Vanessa's seventeenth birthday closes-in, the leap-test ebbs closer, like fog rolling at morning's dawn.
At seventeen, Central considers Vanessa an adult. Her labor role, marriage, and housing divisions will be dictated by her performance on the leap.
Dedication and unfaltering friendship has bonded Vanessa to Garrett as they fight for their chance to leap into Central. But what happens when love overtakes reason? When defiance in the name of love creates an unintentional fracture in their nation.
Without warning Vanessa finds herself at the mercy of the nation that's supposed to protect her. Exiled and abandoned she must fight, but she find's she's not alone. With her heart divided she seeks her revenge, but will her stand be enough?
Ruination is the next YA dystopian trilogy that will hook you from the start! If you liked Veronica Roth's Divergent series or Suzanne Collins Hunger Games series then be prepared to get addicted to Ruination.
Be prepared for a fast-paced, action-packed story that will keep you on the edge of your seat and begging for book two! It's the perfect trilogy to read for those looking for the next addicting young adult dystopian series.
Young adult, fiction, dystopian, action, adventure, romance, strong female heroine trilogy
- Publication Date:
- Apr 05 2014
- 0996060804 / 9780996060806
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 5.5" x 8.5"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Fiction / Dystopian