Add to Cart
On This Day
A Perpetual Calendar for Family Genealogy
On This Day: A Perpetual Calendar for Family Genealogy
If you are a genealogy buff like I am, you love to mention your ancestors in blogs and status posts. Birthdays and wedding dates mean so much to people like us, but how many times have dates slipped by unnoticed or we've missed them by mere days or weeks? We need a way to record and organize our family's special dates.
In the old days, the traditional family Bible was used to record events, but professional and amateur genealogists know when you uncover as many family members as we have, a Bible is not going to be large enough.
To record family events, a calendar would be the obvious choice, but the little squares on a commercial calendar are too small, especially if you have four ancestors born on the same date, and the days of the weeks would be incorrect depending on the year the original event took place. An online perpetual calendar is cumbersome. It took me four hours to upload dates for my immediate family of thirteen. Imagine how long it would take to upload the birthdays, death dates, and marriage dates of the 9,000 people in my family tree.
These are the reasons I created On This Day: A Perpetual Calendar for Family Genealogy.
This book features:
* A convenient 6 x 9 inch paperback format that will rest out of the way in any drawer or on any shelf yet be instantly accessible when you need it.
* 366 dates (Yes, it includes leap year) to record all of your family's special events.
* Add your own year to every event.
* Locate any date in the book in moments and easily add information as you discover it.
* Extra pages at the end of the book for details, notes, or memories.
* Safely store wedding programs, funeral cards, obituaries, and birth announcements between the pages to pass on to future generations.
Record your ancestor's special dates today in an easy-to-use book that you can thumb through in an instant. Is today your great grandmother's birthday? Is tomorrow the anniversary of when your ancestors came to America? Now you can easily look in your book and find out.
- Publication Date:
- 0990312003 / 9780990312000
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Reference / Genealogy