Add to Cart
In Her Sacred Name
Writings on the Divine Feminine
The concept of a Divine Feminine, the Goddess, was central to the spiritual beliefs of our ancestors. Yet today, many people are still unfamiliar with Her.
The first evidence of the worship of the Goddess, or at least the female principle, dated back to around 35,000 BCE with the discovery of "Venus figurines", and throughout time, has been honoured in various cultures all around the world.
"In Her Sacred Name: Writings on the Divine Feminine" contains a collection of essays about the Goddess from historical origins through to specific aspects that the Sacred She was known by around the world.
* Discover the Sacred She as found within cultures including Egyptian, Greek and Roman, Celtic, African and ancient Mesopotamian.
* Learn how to (re)establish a deeper connection with various aspects of the Goddess in the 21st century.
* Honour the Divine Feminine through the construction of altars and shrines.
* Engage in meditations and learn how to perform specific rites (including a full moon rite).
Frances Billinghurst is the founder of The Goddess House (Adelaide) and has been conducting workshops and rituals about the Goddess for over 20 years. She is the author of "Dancing the Sacred Wheel: A Journey through the Southern Sabbats" and has contributed to anthologies about the Goddess including "Unto Herself: A Devotional Anthology for Independent Goddesses", "A Mantle of Stars: A Devotional Anthology to the Queen of Heaven", "The Faery Queens", "Naming the Goddess", and "The Bosom of Isis".
- Publication Date:
- 1499644809 / 9781499644807
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Body, Mind & Spirit / Goddess Worship