The Protector Lamp and Lighting Company Limited The first 100 years

List Price: $24.00

Add to Cart

The Protector Lamp and Lighting Company Limited The first 100 years
 

Authored by Mr David Mather DM
Edition: 2

The year 1973 marks the centenary of the Protector Lamp and Lighting Company Ltd of Lansdowne Road, Monton, Eccles, near Manchester.
The company was formed in May 1873 to acquire the business and patent rights of William Edward Teale, oil and lamp manufacturer, of 11 Mark Lane, Manchester. The Company's Memorandum of Association mentions two patents which had been obtained by Mr Teale: one dated 15th November 1869 for 'Improvements in Mining Lamps' and the other dated 4th December 1872 for 'Improvements in Guards for Gas Lights, and in an improved method of Lighting while under the protection of Guards.'
The promoters of the new company were Henry Newall of Littleborough, Lancashire, oil merchant, Samuel Armitage of Chaseley House, Pendleton, Manchester, cotton spinner, etc., and Charles Tattersall of 14 Marsden Street, Manchester, public accountant. Each subscribed to 165 shares in the Company which had a total capital of £26,040, divided into 3,720 shares of £7 each.
Under a contract between himself and Mr Newall, on behalf of the infant company, Mr Teale agreed to become Manager for the term of 7 years at a minimum salary of £300 p.a., plus a share in the profits of the Company. He also relinquished to the Company patent rights in all of his future inventions.


Publication Date:
2014-08-07
ISBN/EAN13:
1500770620 / 9781500770624
Page Count:
50
Binding Type:
US Trade Paper
Trim Size:
8.5" x 11"
Language:
English
Color:
Black and White
Related Categories:
History / General




Site Help Order Help Policies Contact