Add to Cart
About the author:
Andis Kaulins is a joint EU and USA citizen, born in Germany in 1946, who received his B.A. from the University of Nebraska in 1968 in English and Political Science and his J.D. (Doctor of Jurisprudence) law degree from Stanford University Law School in 1971. With the publication of this series, the original postings are no longer available online at LawPundit.
Kaulins is an alumnus associate of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, an international law firm headquartered in New York City. Kaulins is also a former FFA Law Lecturer in Anglo-American Law, University of Trier Law School, Trier, Germany, where he taught Anglo-American Law, Legal Research and Legal Writing to ca. 200 students per semester.
Kaulins is a co-author of the leading German-English English-German Dictionary of Business, Commerce and Finance, published by Langenscheidt and Routledge, now in its 4th edition in the Langenscheidt version under lead author Ludwig Merz. The other co-author is Dr. phil. Heinz Werner.
Education, Past Positions and Publications
- Lincoln High School, Lincoln, Nebraska
- B.A. University of Nebraska
- J.D. Stanford University Law School
- Associate: Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, an international law firm headquartered in New York City
- University of Nebraska Law School -- Project on Appellate Court Delay (a National Center for State Courts project working with the Nebraska Supreme Court as a staff attorney)
- Arizona State University Law School -- Project on Law Enforcement Policy and Rulemaking (writing Model Rules of Procedure for police departments of major US cities)
- University of Kiel Law School, Germany -- Visiting Fellow, Institut für Ostrecht (East-West trade, Soviet Union, divided nations (Germany, Korea), Latvian Supreme Court decisions)
- FFA Law Lecturer in Anglo-American Law, University of Trier Law School, Trier, Germany, teaching Law, Legal Research and Legal Writing to ca. 200 students per semester
- Pharmaceutical and computer company consultant
- Co-author: Langenscheidt Routledge German-English English-German Dictionary of Business, Commerce and Finance
- Author: Stars Stones and Scholars
- Author: Ancient Signs: The Alphabet and the Origins of Writing
- Author: The Syllabic Origins of Writing and the Alphabet (Create Space print edition) (Kindle ebook edition)
- Men's Golf Champion at the age of 61 at the Mosel Golf Club, Cochem, Germany
Law is a Seamless Web - Volume 2
Law Pundit 2007-2009
The here published materials focus on law, legal issues and jurisprudence, including intellectual property (copyrights, patents, trademarks), Constitutional Law, information technology (IT), telecommunications, new media, the Internet, social media networking, politics and current events, personal computers and their spin-offs (smartphones, pads, tablets), sports, travel, the history of civilization, the history of law, cyberspace, and lifestyle.
Law is a Seamless Web is a multi-volume publication that contains a wide selection of the "collected wisdom" of LawPundit postings, starting in the year 2003. LawPundit content has been edited substantially for purposes of print and ebook publication. Photographs by the author originally posted to the blog were removed to avoid printing problems and ebook conversion. For legal intellectual property reasons, postings that originally contained too much text material from copyrighted sources were truncated or not included at all. Short quotes from such third parties are included, however, as permissible "fair use". Longer text quotations are used sparingly and involve "public" texts, e.g. court opinions, government documents or sources freely available with attribution (e.g. Wikipedia). Ultimately selected materials concentrate on topics that presumably remain of general or specialized interest over longer periods of time, also beyond the original dates of posting.
The initial selections for the print version were checked for the currency of links, substituting current pages or removing dead links as required, but this turned out to be such a gargantuan task that we ultimately abandoned it, since such changes also changed the general content of postings. Many links simply have no permanence. That is part of the ephemeral nature of the digital landscape, even in law.
LawPundit is a legal blog, a so-called "blawg", originally hosted at lawpundit.com, that was started in the year 2003 by Andis Kaulins, J.D. Stanford University Law School 1971.
The USLaw.com list of "Best Legal Commentary Blogs" recently ranked LawPundit 6th in the Top 10 by quantity of postings, preceding Discourse.net, Jami Floyd: Best Defense, Discriminations and Balkinization, and following Althouse, TalkLeft, The Volokh Conspiracy, Res Ipsa Loquitor, and Prawfs, many of which have multiple authors, whereas LawPundit has only one author.
- Publication Date:
- 1502349299 / 9781502349293
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 7" x 10"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Law / General